OSCam help on solo 4k

There are 45 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,672 times. The last Post () by ComfySofa.

• Breakthrough! - got one working....added the user from abu's config file in manually and the zero popped up.....now ive got one working ive just been examining what ive got in front of me so learn a bit. Tried to replicate to another receiver but not got that one working yet...the point is something works. Many thanks Abu. Much appreciated. Is ok to carry on asking questions as don't fully understand what ive got in front of me working.

First question that leaps to mind is cams and protocols....newcamd is a protocol but why does it have the word cam in it? just wondered....

Also answering my own question here but the server has one reader - all the client boxes connect to the one reader??

And going back to understanding...my client box is running oscam (obviously) and the protocol is newcamd....newcamd is what I would compare to tcpip....a transport? is that right...

Anyway just to say thanks again to abu. Very much appreciated.

• Official Post

On the solo 4k, there is a list of users. Copy the existing user section, paste it, change the details. You will then have two users. save those files and restart oscam on the solo 4k. (This is equivalent to your F lines on CCcam)
    as an example,

user = sitting_room
    password= Password1
    keep all the other lines the same

user = kids_room
    password= Password2
    keep all the other lines the same

On the working client, copy the config files and transfer to the second receiver
    Edit the server file so that it uses the second user/password details
    Restart oscam

• Getting more working now.... Penny just dropped on the client server configuration file side.... The configuration is pointing at the 4k (my server)... So that bit has sunk in... Gradually starting to understand albeit very slowly... Thanks again....

- - - Updated - - -

All configured and running now. Heres a lamens terms angle of what ive found.....

1. Use the web interface. (ipnumber:8888). All you have to do is copy some default config files in there and start the cam. The web interface gives a structured way of viewing what you've configured.
    2. Once you've got the web view sorted out on the server - and if youre using a client to connect bring up both on separate tabs and then you can check from one to the other.
    3. The files that matter for me using oscam across the board were on the client. Oscam.server and .conf Totally misleading for me was the fact that the oscam.server on the client was/is used to point at the server - the actual server! ( intuitiveness told me that the client must be using the "user" part of the web interface - red herring)
    4. On the server oscam.server config is for the receiver to connect to the card. I may be wrong on this but once this is configured the "reader" appears in the web interface.
    5. The oscam.user file on the server is used to hold the account information of the receivers connecting in.
    6. Just cos the name of something has the letters "cam" in it doesn't mean its a cam....I got confused by thinking newcamd was a cam when in fact its a protocol..whereas oscam is actually a cam.

I hope that gives anyone having a first stab at this a very basic overview of how I perceive it to work...if I'm wrong on anything above then please feel to correct me. Ive got a bunch of questions to ask to further my learning (and just put things together in my head but ill get to that later....)

Anyway...happy chappie all the same....!

• Not sure what you mean but I think I get the idea....

More questions and this is a general one.... Obviously the result of the cam is to decode and share the card... This is either a "decode" or not and obviously there are a multitude of settings that can be adjusted is this because all cards do not work the same way.

The other question is... Years ago I used to use a dragon cam and download codes every couple of days.... Does that type of thing still exist?

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!