WeTek Play 2S 4K Ultra HD HEVC DVB Set-Top-Box

There are 38 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 10,353 times. The last Post () by sami_b.

• WeTek Play 2S 4K Ultra HD HEVC DVB Set-Top-Box

Technical specifications:

- Processor: AMLogic S905-H Revision C Quad-core 64-bit ARM® Cortex™-A53 up to 2GHz

- GPU: Penta-core ARM® Mali™-45

- RAM: 2 GB DDR III

- Flash: 16 GB eMMC 5.0 Samsung

- Connectors: 4 x USB (2 x Internal & 2 x External), Ethernet, S-PDIF, HDMI 2.0 (4K@60fps), Analogue A/V output, Serial RS-232, MicroSD card reader, mSATA connector for mSATA SSD for Internal PVR.

- Connectivity: Gigabit Ethernet, WiFi 802.11 G/N/AC 2.4 & 5 GHz, Bluetooth 4.0

- SmartCard Card Reader

- Support for Plug & Play DVB Tuners (S2, C/T/T2, ATSC)

- Multi-functional 6 axis RCU with Keyboard, Microphone, Speaker and Headphone jack

Supported OS: Android 5.1.1, OpenELEC & Enigma 2

• We wait for it but ı wish they improve wetek theater menu it must be add a lot function for better use ..

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...
    4m , 2m motorized, 95 diseq usals ....

• will wait till euro crashes then me :)
    there's not even FBC Tuners and the increase in specs aint
    that much to justify the cost increase defo 100% not

at that price its Play2 £154.38 Play2s £193.16

up from play std £79 inc dvb-s tuner theres a big jump there in no same jump in cost of chips
    dont even think the tuners have changed much have they ? there defo not FBC anyway !

what is the justification of price increase ? cause thats a massive jump , will openelec be doing a version as before ?

linuxsat-support.com/cms/attachment/52049/

but think this picture should be took down as its not ringing true to me ;)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Edited once, last by Honcho ().

• Dont care about prices for myself but ı buyed a 2000tl here 600 euro vu solo4k and its a shameless box for example ,wetek still half and less prices and all system included so they decide the prices we cant do nothing but ı like wetek more then vu solo 4k :)

Vu+ Ultimo Vu+ Solo2 Vu+ Solo 4K Gigablue X1 Gigablue Quad Plus Wetekplay Wetek Core...

• nah we can , we can just say nah sorry im no buying over priced stuff as there is no real need for it to be over priced in my eyes (no solo4k either)
    solo4k gives you FBC tuners in that is worth the increase and lets face it VU are Rock Solid we have all seen wetek have issues with teh tuners
    sorry but its just ripping of folk who like the brand , brand loyality is been tested day 2 of there step inside the market in my eyes
    theres no need to charge them prices none at all , not with the specs there given as upgrade , its just been greedy really !

I for wont purchase one at rippoff prices for overly priced kit in wont be shy in stating it either !

I DO HOPE OPENELEC continue there support in we can get a openelec PlayS2 branded by them as they wont rip off there consumers

i just cant fathom why anyone would pay the above to use opensource programs without really updated specs wetek cant compare to solo4k
    in what everyone really deserves is a honest n open manufacturer who wants to build on what they have not get as much coin as they can really eh ?
    you pay for what you get and the increase of payment for whats new is off par with what you would expect really eh !
    or am i just aff ma nut , in should just be ripped aff with over priced tech ? dont think so , into the sin bin yah go for me sorry wetek
    but ta dont play hostage me and dont think many will either tbh ;) so prices will fall when the euro crashes or there left with large stockpiles of stock
    as it should be for any company who plays in overpriced kit :) i mind nikes downfall in states because they tryd to play that game with there consumers
    epic fail it was :) i sincerely hope no one pays these prices because they would be aff there heed to do so n my eyes to be honest about it

sorry if this breaks any rules i kust really dont get it theres no reason bar 1 reason to charge that much in you can what reason that is coin , coin extracting as much coin

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Its your choise Honcho of course u dont buy it some others will buy or not, no one push or put a gun to head to buy it. Lets hope prices will be lower wait and see..

• Without FBC Tuner its out of Interest

if it had FBC tuners it would be worth it and only then would it be tbh :)
    i recond they might do FBC tuner seperate in that woud come in at 5 times the price as before like 50-60 squid
    and push yah over the 130% increase in cost from frst wetek but hey whoops i was wrong lol

i dont even see a point in now having 3 wetek plays and can only see it as a point of discontinuing the wetek play
    very shortly and leaving any dvb- system been a like 80% increase of cost to end user !
    crazy world of eCommerce tht only sheep will play in i hope :)

- - - Updated - - -

if it well supported with regular drivers updates and fixes its worth the money

had top spec boxes (expensive) in the past with no support and ended up with a expensive door stops

this is not top spec though is it ?

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• I like the Wetek play I have now, I use it as a toy really. I like to try different images and experiment with it, as a newcomer to satellite boxes it has been a good box to learn a bit about various operating systems plus oscam configs and the like. I am definitely no expert but thanks to peoples help on this forum and one other I have got a grasp of the basics. I wonder how many people bought the original as it was fairly priced for what it offers and the variety of operating systems you can install, and also at the price (I paid about £70 I think) it would not be a major concern if you bricked it while experimenting.

I was thinking of getting the new Wetek play S2. I would definitely not purchase at that price, I would be worried about trying anything new on it as that is too much money to chuck away if it all goes pear shaped while fiddling. The specifications of this box don't warrant that price hike, I reckon Wetek may have completely missed the mark with the new product, as an existing customer I would be very disappointed if this is what the pricing is going to be from now on. I wonder how long it will be before support is dropped for the current boxes in an attempt to force people to buy new, the way this is handled will make or break Wetek as a trustworthy company in my eyes

• Official Post

Nice spec but price is mental. 150 euro maybe.... but 250 is a joke. It really needs FBC tuners as well.
    Openelec also needs sorting properly or it will be just like the wetek play....a toy.

• Joke ı think look above mate on banner above play old model is 129 euro new 4k one cant be 139 right ?

- - - Updated - - -

• nah that would be about right for spec increase nah lol

- - - Updated - - -

nah that would be about right for spec increase nah lol
    stick up the original play spec sheet and yah will see not much more to
    see there in play2 really as ive said b4 :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!