just how important are ecm times??

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,400 times. The last Post () by buio2005.

• hi just wondering actually how important are the ecm times shown on the clients box.
    i have until recently just shared my ubuntu server with sly around my own house with 4 clients.
    however now my daughter who lives about 10kms away is on the network
    she has ecm times which range between about 200m/s and 450m/s but does not seem to have any glitching/freezing. so just wondering how important it actually is.
    the boxes within the house are usually around the 170 - 200 m/s

• ECM times differ, for example, of the 3 cards I have tried I get 70ms on one and 520ms on the slowest one. Some cards like UK sly request more often than other cards, so do require things to be stable and reletively fast. You will find that the response times you are getting should be ok, what is more important is the stability and that every request is being served. The response times you are getting from your daughter are the local ECM times plus Ping so for 10 Kms away you should really be getting about 200-250ms assuming the cards have local times of 170 - 200 ms, but it also depends on server loads and network conditions. If there is no glitching or freezing then there is no need to worry!!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• thanks for your imformative reply, one question i would like to ask:
    when i read the ecm time at home using cs studio it is around the 170m/s mark. but when i actually read the ecm on the remote dreambox
    it is around the 400m/s mark. so which is the true ecm time.

• thanks for your imformative reply, one question i would like to ask:
    when i read the ecm time at home using cs studio it is around the 170m/s mark. but when i actually read the ecm on the remote dreambox
    it is around the 400m/s mark. so which is the true ecm time.

Hi !

..paradoxically the higher ! :67:

as musogeek said there is not a " sigle " way to measure ECM time
    but what is interesting is that arrive from remote more than in local ( why i have Ecm time 0.17 from my local card on my box ? should be 0.00 isn't it ? )
    ECM is a flux that bring some information and as all flux traveling is more fast than fast is his transport
    there are too many parameters from it depend
    sometime i can have an ECM more fast from a more remote card ( high hops ) that no

I think that a good evaluation is have , or check , what's the average on the same conditions during an x time

regards !

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!