Oscam Files

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,832 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi,

I have a Xtrend 8000 running Openvix and currently using mgcamd which works OK but I have to restart the cam in softcam manager every time I put my box into standby mode which is obviously not good.

I am told oscam may be a better way to go but need a little assistance on setting this up.

I have downloaded a version of Oscam directly from the plugins menu in Openvix.

Could someone please advise what files I need and where they should go?

Am I right in saying I need to have the 3 files listed below saved into etc>tuxbox>config? Do I also need to save the oscam.dvbapi file in this location?

oscam.user
    oscam.conf
    oscam.server

Also, where do i get these files? I know how to get the oscam.server file but not sure on the others.

Are there any pre-formatted oscam downloads available for Openvix with all the files already there or do i need to download these individually from somewhere?

When I downloaded oscam for my Wetek all the files were already there I just needed to change the oscam.server file.

• Official Post

None of the softcams from the opemvix feed have configs included.. Use the attached ipk or configs, just add your [reader] to oscam.server. Configs should be in /etc/tuxbox/config folder..

If you want to update oscam follow this -> [How-To] Update Oscam To The Latest Version On OpenViX Images

• Brilliant mate thanks, exactly the info i was after.

One question, have you given me two options above?

Option 1 - Install ipk file and add [reader] to oscam.server
    Option 2 - Download .rar file and add oscam.conf and oscam.user into /etc/tuxbox/config folder and also save oscam.server file into same folder

Or do I need to do both?

• Appreciate that mate

- - - Updated - - -

I've downloaded the ipk file and transferred this and my oscam.server file into /etc/tuxbox/config folder but not having any joy... Any suggestions please?

I tried the second option and got that working but it was freezing every few minutes so wanted to try the ipk file to see if that better.

- - - Updated - - -

ced74c2629a6.jpg

Here is a screenshot of what I did last night if you could please advise if you see something wrong?

• sorry to interfere but with mgcam on panel softcam u have option autocam enable it and try to put stanby shud ok

I've tried that mate it doesn't work. I still have to restart mgcamd after leaving the box on standby for a while.

Strangely enough it doesn't happen all of the time only sometimes.

I was using CCcam before mgcamd and that never had to be restarted.

• That screenshot doesn`t tell us anything, you need to show us an oscam log when the channels freeze..

The problem I am having at the moment is actually getting oscam to work using the ipk file method.

I have downloaded the ipk file and ftp this to tuxbox>config and also copied my oscam.server file into tuxbox>config but nothing happens when I start oscam in the softcam menu. I restarted the box and GUI a number of times and stopped and started oscam but picture remains black.

I was able to get oscam working by trying the other method you sent me by saving the oscam.user and oscam.conf files into tuxbox>config and also my oscam.server file but I was getting huge amounts of freezing so I wanted to try the ipk file method to see was this any better.

I was sure I did everything right but there maybe something obvious I am doing wrong?

• Official Post

I've downloaded the ipk file and transferred this and my oscam.server file into /etc/tuxbox/config folder

The ipk goes in /tmp not /etc/tuxbox/config

Send ipk to tmp > blue button > vix > install local extension > /tmp > follow on screen instructions.

[How To] Install an ipk file on any enigma2 receiver

• The ipk goes in /tmp not /etc/tuxbox/config

Send ipk to tmp > blue button > vix > install local extension > /tmp > follow on screen instructions.

[How To] Install an ipk file on any enigma2 receiver

Apologies I did not explain correctly... I have done this with the ipk file, i.e. Send ipk to tmp > blue button > vix > install local extension > /tmp > follow on screen instructions.

All of the oscam. files then appeared in /etc/tuxbox/config after I ftp'd my oscam.server file from my laptop to into /etc/tuxbox/config.

However, when I started oscam in softcam menu nothing happened..?

- - - Updated - - -

have u check attribut have to be755

No I did not, how do i check that?

• You don`t need to check attributes if you used the ipk.. Look at the oscam web interface to see if the server is connected properly, show us a log from there after the channel freezes. Without the log its a guessing game buddy..

I would have thought the oscam.server file is fine because it worked when I got oscam working using "option 2" I have mentioned above.

Am I right to have all of the files listed below in /etc/tuxbox/config?

oscam.conf
    oscam.dvbapi
    oscam.provid
    oscam.server
    oscam.services
    oscam.srvid
    oscam.user

The reason I asked is becuase when I got oscam working with “option 2” the only files in /etc/tuxbox/config were the two files you shared with me (below) plus my oscam.server file, i.e.

oscam.conf
    oscam.user

- - - Updated - - -

After deleting oscam and starting fresh with the ipk file method and still wont work for me. As far as I can see ive done everything right.

What I did this time was:

1. Send ipk to tmp > blue button > vix > install local extension > /tmp > ipk file

2. Accessed oscam through IP Address:8888

3. Changed oscam.server to my settings

4. Restarted oscam

Still nothing...?

Any suggestions please?

Would you have an alternative ipk file I could try?

• Official Post

While in webinfo are you clicking save in oscam.server then restarting ?
    Have you looked in /etc/tuxbox/config to see if there are .bak files ?
    Have you tried editing the oscam.server on your desktop with notepad+ then use an FTP tool to send it to /etc/tuxbox/config ?
    On the main status page can you see the server connected ?
    Show us an oscam log.
    The only files you need are oscam.conf .server & .user

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!