How to Install Oscam on Windows PC

There are 70 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 93,602 times. The last Post () by Sateze.

• Official Post

Oscam can be run on windows computer without any virtual PC server etc..

All binaries are built on a cygwin environment and it is already compiled and ready to use.

Compiled with the modules : WebIf, Irdeto Guessing, Anti-Cascading, Debug Messages, Log History and Monitor.

Procedure:

1) Create a folder anywhere you like on your computer e.g c:\oscam
    2) Download the oscam file oscam-cygwin-svn-5395.zip
    3) File is in .zip format
    4) Extract the contents on the archive to newly created folder in step 1
    5) Now download cygwin dll file from cygwin-dlls.rar
    6) The file is in .rar format
    7) Extract content of archive to same folder we created in step 1
    8) Now create oscam.user, oscam.server and oscam.config file and copy into same folder we created in step 1
    9) Now open the folder we created in step 1 and double click oscam.exe
    10) Depending on windows version, firewall message will pop up
    11) click unblock to get network access.
    12) DOS window should show oscam running

If you not sure how to create oscam.config, oscam.server or oscam.user file. You can download this folder, it has example and samples of every oscam config file.
    Download here oscam-doc-examples.rar

If you want to use SMARGO´s you can use this utility to list the devices
    download from here List_Smargo.zip and extract the archive to oscam folder.

Also if you have CCcam.cfg file and you want to convert it to oscam files.
    use this simple converter CCcam Converter_1.1.zip

N.B: I didnot compile any part of this project so credit goes to the original owner.

Since oscam is under constant developement and new SVN's are coming everyday. New updates can be downloaded from here Oscam for Windows « tek.readers

• G8 post ... simple direct steps oscam is running on Windows .. wl help lot of ppl here ... thanks a lot

• OScam Windows setup (Auto Install package).

OSCAM will work with (Windows XP , VISTA & 7) and run as a service

Complete package "OSCAM for Windows" also contains the "Helper Service" of OScam starts as a service.

Note: Oscam files will be installed on Program Files - Oscam.

Have fun!

• i know windows is probably alot easier for most but why anyone would want to rely on windows as a server environment is beyond me. Yes it works but linux version is far far better.

new2

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

• new2 ...Linux is my favorite but Windows is most popular OS around the world , so its good advantage that Oscam working under Windows now.
    Right now Oscam performance under Windows is not the same as Linux, but for sure its just a matter of time for Oscam devolpers to improve it and have the same performace on Windows.
    Keep in mind Oscam under Windows will cut out the price of the extra PC (Linux) or the headace of virtual machines.

Bottom of line Oscam performace right now under windows is good and I believe it will be better by time.

Regards

Shata

• Dear all,

I installed the solution Auto Install package.
    Where i have to put the Files ? oscam server and so on. In the progammFiles\Oscam Folder ?
    Sorry I am not Englisch nativ speaker ;)

regards

hans

• @ Huberhans

Put ur files on
    Program Files - Oscam - Conf

• How To start, stop, pause, resume, or restart oscamsvc service Using the command line

1- Run Command Prompt as administrator.
    How to always permanently run the cmd window as administrator?

If you do not want to have to continually choose run as administrator every time you want to use the cmd window then can set this option as
    permanent.
    You must follow these steps to make this work.
    If you take the shortcut to cmd.exe in the start menu it will not work. You must choose Command Prompt in this case.

Go to the start menu and press on it.
    Go to all programs. Then Accessories.
    You should see command prompt listed there.
    Right click on this. A menu will appear.
    Choose properties from the menu.
    The properties for that shortcut will appear.
    Go to the shortcut tab.
    Click on the Advanced button.

2- Type one of the following:

2.1 To start a service, type:

net start oscamsvc

2.2 To stop a service, type:

net stop oscamsvc

2.3 To pause a service, type:

net pause oscamsvc

2.4 To resume a service, type:

net continue oscamsvc

• Hi All;
    I have created a batch file and VB script to update Oscam files for windows automatically from:
    Oscam for Windows « tek.readers

Installation setup (One time setup only)

1- Unzip the attached file shata folder will appear (which contains 3 files (movevbs, shataoscam and wget).
    2- Move the wget file to c:/windows
    3- Create a folder test on drive C:

Batch file and VBS process
    1- From services stop oscamsvc service.
    2- Double click on the batch file shataoscam.
    3- Start oscamsvc service.
    4- Done

Enjoy it

Shata

• sorry,
    when i download attachment from shatanar, my Kasper*** said that its contain "Backdoor.Win32.Iroffer.se" so is it danger?
    Thanks

• Official Post

sorry,
    when i download attachment from shatanar, my Kasper*** said that its contain "Backdoor.Win32.Iroffer.se" so is it danger?
    Thanks

I would be very surprised if it was dangerous, think its probably been flagged as its not a reconised windows file to your antivirus. I have scanned it myself & no threats were detected.

• I would be very surprised if it was dangerous, think its probably been flagged as its not a reconised windows file to your antivirus. I have scanned it myself & no threats were detected.

My Kasper*** Internet Security still detect and block that's attachment, so may be i must use another virus scan nor i must be uninstall, thanks for your soon answer.

• Hi M8;
    Many of the Antivirus detects vbs files as a threat ... but its 100% safe and free of virus (u can chk it yourself by opening the batch file and Vbs file with notepad & folow out the code).
    I am planning by next weekend to make both files as one excetuable file (Oscamshata.exe)... so guys if you have any comments or suggestions feel free to post here to take it on concern before deploying the exe file.

Regards
    Shata

My Kasper*** Internet Security still detect and block that's attachment, so may be i must use another virus scan nor i must be uninstall, thanks for your soon answer.

• deerhunter290378
    I google ur problem AND FOUND the following :
    You must write the device as
    /dev/ttySx > that x mean “the reader port number minus 1″
    You can check port of reader in device manager of windows.#

under cygwin you have to use the Unix like names for the serial ports.

/dev/ttyS0 == COM1
    /dev/ttyS1 == COM2
    /dev/ttyS2 == COM3

try it and feed back

Shata

• Guys I have it setup all ok and my pheonix reader works ok with my sly card as I can see it open ok in web i/f. Quick question. My setup is configured for my server at the moment and all dreamboxes have an N line with the linux sever IP addy in it. If I want to switch to windows I assume I need to add another N line but what ip do I use ? the web i/f on windows is 127.0.0.1 and my pc is 192.168.0 xx what should go in the new Nline.

Cheers guys

• the 127.0.0.1 is just a sort of loop back to its own local host, for n lines it would be the actual address of your pc so : 192.168.0.x , or if you unplug your debian then you could just set your pc to the same ip and wouldnt have to change anything on the boxes! if you keep your oscam files mirrored on both machines its literally just a case of change PC ip address to linux server ip address , move cards and off you go :-)

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!