So disappointed in this box

There are 23 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,964 times. The last Post () by Fano.

• the information i recieved was the correct distance to sit from your/our tv's is 2 1/2 times the screen size so my 42 incher lol equates to 105 inches works for me.

just to add i'm not enamoured with these LED LCD screens, the one i have atm is in another room i cant have a tv in the living room just yet, also i was plasmaman had a Kuro then when that played up a Panasonic near as i can tell theres nothing in LED's ans LCD's that even come close to plasmas....................i think when the time does come i'll be looking for a 55 inch OLED.

regards: canthackit

I could not agree more about the LED/LCD efforts for 4K like you i came from plasma the same again my last Pioneer was an 08 series which had fantastic picture quality and since then had to stick to Samsung Plasma which is quite close but just not the same.

And again totally agree with the Plasma to OLED as that is what the majority of A/V users agree on if you come from Plasma viewing then nothing else will do apart from OLED, but for a decent 4K OLED 55" your talking £2000 and the 65" is near 3K.

as for the viewing distances there are a few so called pro calcs out there that will give you an idea

Code
    http://www.rtings.com/tv/learn/size-to-distance-relationship

c0cc0454aa2ca86.png

• Hi
    Well i've had this box for over a week now, and the title say's it, admittedly as i have now realised i should done a lot of reading up on the subject.

I knew that there was very little UHD content out there, and what there is, is only demo's and what ever i try don't look any better than HD, and upscaling don't seem to do anything to improve HD.

Upscaled Hd will result in a poorer picture than on a normal 1080p set.
    The upscaled SD will also look worse than on a 1080p set which in turn is worse than a 720p set.

More pixels have to be interpolated on a UHD set so the resulting picture is noisier and inferior.

The only real advantage a UHD set has over a 1080p set is displaying native UHD content ,for anything else a 1080p set or even 720p set for SD content is better.

The Arm processor should give a better picture quality than Mips as its a better architecture for video processing .
    Mips is a poor processor if picture quality is a primary factor .

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!