Help needed regarding ecm times

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,029 times. The last Post () by SteJay.

• Hi

I was hoping someone could help me get to the bottom of an ongoing problem im having while CS

I have a dm500s and for the past 8 or so months all has been fine, ecm times average around 0.18 or so

But about a month ago they started jumping all over the place anywhere from 0.18 one minute up as far as 1.8 the next

So first i contacted the server and he assured me there were no problems at his end and other users were having no problems-so just to be sure i used a different servers c line to check and that one was the exact same maybe even a little worse

Then I thought it was the box so i upgraded to a VU+ solo to see would that do better-but no it stayed the exact same

SO then I bought a new ethernet cable and that didnt work either, then it was on to a new router- that also didnt make a bit of difference

I have run numerous pingtest.net tests a speed tests and all is fine

I also checked the SNR and BER and it reports fine, all channels signal are above 90%

If I reset my router all is fine for around 3 hours then the ecms start jumping again. I have sold the VU+ now and am back using the dm500s

This problem is driving me insane. Is there any other problem areas I might of overlooked?

• It does not sound like the problem is with the dm500, it could be as simple as interference on the line. You could try fitting a filter-plate as described in this thread.
    picture freezing

I have one of them on the line already with just the one output, dont have a phone connected to the line

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!