Update Wetek play

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,966 times. The last Post () by 1999gtv.

• Official Post

I am not really getting on with the wetek play. I would be grateful for any assistance. I got told by Wetek that they do not support third party images and if I wanted to use a USB tuner, I would have to use the official images.

I normally run Pbnigma (microSD card) on it. From time to time the updates mess things up and E2 does not work. I was unable to find an answr on how to backup the "kodi installation/settings" within Pbnigma so that I could flash a working Pbnigma and restore the Kodi installation. The dual boot is perfect solution for me. However, I am stuck on updating to this.

I have openelec 6.01 on the nand. I failed to install/setup tvheadend, there was no live tv settings to enable it. so gave up on it. Version 6.03 is out so would like to try again on that.
    However, on their site it says you must have the latest android running first. "To install on SD-Card you MUST update WeTek's Android software to the latest OTA version first" Re-reading it for the sake of this thread, I realise that I will be installing to nand. 11

I have downloaded both
    DB-J710-wetek-ota-2016-03-07_11-10-53.zip checksum is 66d528d9bdbfe0e1074f668dcbfe3429
    WeTek Play OS v1.1.7 (clean installation).zip checksum is 1bb5de4c82e1e1492989925fcf2afd08

My first step is to understand what "WeTek Play 1.1.7" is. Does it run in the background and OpenElec/Android run on top?

My second step is to get the dual booting to work.

I have tried to follow this guide, but it does not detect an update package

Code
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=USTCmnM-7KE

I am struggling with this, so simplified and stage by stage instructions (even though it is intuitive) will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

• Wetek play 1,17 is the latest version of android for nand install on wetek play. If you wish to keep openelec on nand you should not flash this as it will replace it with android. You can always download Openelec 6.03 for Wetek Nand install and flash that or even update from your current install, try going to Openelec settings in the kodi menu and check for updates from there. I prefer to clean install so I downloaded openelec 6.03 for nand install from wetek forum and installed as per your video

Edited once, last by 1999gtv: more info ().

• I downloaded from

picked 6.03 nand install zip. Once downloaded on to my pc I unzipped the file and copied the 4 files in the folder to a 4gb sd card formatted to fat32, just the 4 files in the folder not the folder itself. Then unplugged wetek and put sd card in slot then while holding in reset button plugged in power and flashed took about 5-10 minutes . I assume this is the way you are trying is that correct. If we are doing the same it should work I have just done it again to make sure and it worked fine. Is your wetek originally an Openelec box or was it android at one time.

Edited once, last by 1999gtv: edit link ().

• Official Post

I am doing as you are. However the uSD card is 64GB and exfat.

8GB SD cards have been partitioned for use as OpenPLi, OPenVix and Pbnigma. I don't know how to restore/repartition them to full size. I mistakenly used the OpenElecInstaller on another uSD card I used for flashing. Should have realise dit is just a modified version of Image writer.

I got the receiver second hand. I'm pretty sure it was Android, but not 100% sure.

• The sd card must be Fat 32 and up to 32 gb preferably 2, 4 or 8 gb. Easy way to tell if your wetek was android the lights on front will be blue if it was always openelec they will be orange. I use g parted to resize my sdcards but I use linux on all my pcs not windows, if you are using windows I couldn't help with the resizing as It has been years since I used it

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed on this forum in the wetek tools section there is a download for sdcard formatter for windows and mac, may well be what you need to get this sorted.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!