Best Image for Remote FTP access and HDMI In recording max bitrate?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 805 times. The last Post () by George1974.

• Hi guys, I'm considering buying a Mut@nt HD2400 or Miraclebox Premium Ultra which both have HDMI inputs, and I have a few questions which I hope someone will be kind enough to help me with. I have never had a linux based STB and am a complete newbie regarding the Enigma2 Openvix, Openatv and Openpli images.

Which image offers the best HDMI recording/encoding app, and if you select to record the input at 1080p, what is the maximum bitrate you can choose?

I'm possibly going to Canada for a year, and would like remote access to a connected box in the UK, including remote FTP access, streaming to a box in Canada, and the ability to set recordings and control the box remotely.

Which Enigma2 image can do all that best?

I guess that if HDMI recording is restricted to 10Mbps, I'll give up on the above boxes and instead go for a VU+ duo2 with Black Hole which is really clearly documented on the VU community forum for a newbie (but tech proficient) like me.

Sorry for all the questions, but thanks in advance guys.

• Official Post

Sorry to answer your question with a question.... but what would you be wanting to record via the HDMI input??
    I dont have either of the boxes in question but my xpeedlx3 has an HDMI input that i never use...... last i heard i couldn't record anything via that port at least on my box....

remote FTP is possible on all E2 boxes on most images, if the E2 box had recorded something via a timer that too could be accessed.....
    Have a look at enigma2 openwebif for more detail..

• Hi jensenverest, thanks for the information. :-) Good to know that remote FTP option is available on most images (out of interest, you said 'most'. Which aren't then?). Which image do you prefer for your boxes, and why? Are they very different from each other, or offer more apps?

The HDMI input can record any gaming action or video from a connected device. With the right HDMI splitter (this isn't mentioned in forum rules, so I'm sorry if it isn't supposed to be talked about) between the two devices, almost any content can be recorded. Of course, the incoming video has to be encoded which means there will be some quality loss, but if recording is set at a high bitrate, the quality loss will be minimal. That's why I'd prefer recording at around 15Mbps, and would like to know whether the images or apps record at more than 10Mbps.

• Thanks for the information, Abu Baniaz. I've heard lots of great things about the Mutant, although it doesn't seem to be very compatible with XBMC.....any idea on the available maximum encoding bitrate setting when you select to record the HDMI input source at 1080p?

• Great screenshot Abu Baniaz! Thank you - it appears to show the encoding bitrate at over 14Mbps at 720p. Should do the same for 1080p. That's really good news. I imagine OpenVix will offer the same possibility for the Mutant2400.

Much appreciated.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!