Stuck on boot screen

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,971 times. The last Post () by codar.

• Hi Guys

Wonder if you could possibly help me.....

I downloaded and installed some new skins and *THINK* the internal memory filled up. I rebooted and it just sat there with the vix logo spinning.

I Managed to ftp in and deleted everything so i can do a reflash. Ive got a problem now tho as the box comes on and just sits there on the boot up screen of HD SATELITTE PVR READY STB. I know how i should flash the box as i habve done before but i cant get off this screen. It appears that the power button or channel buttons arent responding.

Is there anyway I can flash it other than a reboot? is there a way i can get it to read direct from usb?

THANKS in advance for any help you can give me . Cheers!!

• Hi GUYS

Any help or advice would be greatfully recieved :)

I installed some skins earlier and im guessing i filled the internal flash up. Box rebooted but then was stuck on the Hades screen and the vix get spinning round in corner. Was like this for an hour or so , i ftped in and wiped the drive but now i cant get the box to flash.

Box comes on, sits there on the screen saying HD Satelitte PVR Ready STB XP1000 . It also doesnt appear that the power button responds..... Ive got the USB in and the files on that but i cant get it to boot or anything now, just sits there on that screen :((((((

• HI

Its really odd , i switch the box on , the lights on the standby and comes on then goes off and the rec lights comes on red. The screen comes up saying XP1000 etc but then nothing, no more lights, just that screen, I cant even turn it off by remote or the power button on front. Sits there for 4-5mins then repeats the process.....

Can i do this via ethernet or is it usb only??

Cheers

Pulling my hair out here :(

- - - Updated - - -

If the box was screwed it wouldnt turn on and come up with the XP1000 screen would it? Ive obviously done something to it when i wiped the files via ftp but why arent the front power button and CHannel buttons working?

• Hi

I have managwd to instll the bootloader and then the image, but its still sitting on the xp1000 screeen when it reboots :( any ideas? need a older version of image or anything???

• I had a similar experience with a family members one a while ago (receiver wouldn't boot)
    I flashed the older 600mhz bootloader which sorted it out (boot time was considerably slower though) but when i flashed the newer 750mhz one again, problem returned.
    I left it on the old bootloader, box was noticeably slower but usable.
    I've attached the older bootloader for you to try.

• Thanks Ill give this a try now

- - - Updated - - -

Hi

Still Stuck on the boot screen although now its a big OPENVIX with world of satellite screen as opposed to the XP100 screen beofre, I dont thnk ive killed the box but cant understand why its not workingv::(

- - - Updated - - -

Ia there a certain bootloader i need to flash it with, or a certain version of vix? Its just sutting there on that screen with only the rec light on (red)

- - - Updated - - -

Is there anyway i can connect the box directly to the pc and reset it back to factory settings? OR flash from the pc ?

- - - Updated - - -

DREAMBOX TOOLS can i telnet in and flash? ive no idea what im talking about lol

• not got one of these stb , but have you tried a diff usb drive ? also do you have anyother usb attached or a HDD attached if so remove them and retry or
    try with a diff usb drive in see if it helps :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!