Portforwarding Dlink DIR-615

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,363 times. The last Post () by master G.

• hi all

im trying to get my vu+ duo ready for when i get a card. my problem is i have made a host with no ip but i dont know how to forward a port on my router im with V***** my router is dlink dir 615 i can access my router and find port forwarding but dont what to enter in the boxs????????

name.......................applaction...............public port................--............
    ip........................computer name.........................privat port..............--...............

this is what router is like dont know what to put in were the dots are ??????????

thanks
    woz

• Official Post

I hope this helps, if not ask again mate

The Default Port Forwarding Guide for the Dlink DIR-615

Open a web browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox. Enter the internal IP address of your router in the address bar of your browser. If you do not know your routers internal IP address please read our How To Find Your Routers IP Address guide.

By default the IP address should be set to 192.168.0.1.

You should see a box prompting you for your username and password. Enter your username and password now. By default the username is Admin, and the password is blank. Click the Log In button to log in to your router.

Click the Advanced button near the top of the page.

Click the Port Forwarding button near the left of the page.

Put a checkmark in the Enable checkbox.

Enter the name of the program into the Name box. It doesn't really matter what you put into this box, but something that will remind you why these ports are being forwarded would be a good idea.

Use the Computer Name box to choose a computer to forward ports to. This box contains a list of computer names that are visible on your network.

These entries are protocol specific. If the ports you are forwarding need to be forwarded using the TCP protocol, you should enter those ports into the TCP section. If the ports you are forwarding need to be forwarded with the UDP protocol, you should enter those ports into the udp section.

Enter the ports to forward into the TCP or UDP box. These ports can be entered as a list 23,24,25, a range 500-600, or a combination of both 23,45,500-600.

Select Always from the Schedule drop down box.

Select Allow All from the Inbound Filter drop down box.

When you're finished, click Save Settings near the top of the screen to save your changes.

And that's it! You're done!

• cheers ten below im tired now been reading all night eyes gone squre lol so will have another play tomoz when get chance. get a Q tho how will i know if i have done it right ????

• hi all

i am having trouble with opening a port.

i have got a no ip accout and downloaded cliant updater made a host to !!
    i have put a static ip address in my vu+ duo !!
    then in router i have put a name ****** left applaction as default and put a port in ***** then i have put my box ip address in ***.***.*** left computer name as default and put same port number in ticked the box and saved and loged out . i have beed to CanYouSeeMe.org - Open Port Check Tool put my port number in and get this......Error: I could not see your service on ****.***.***.*** on port (*****)
    Reason: Connection refused. but i did notice its coming up with my no ip address not my box ip address ??? head is spinning now. lol

• just checked router box ip is there!! both ports are the same !! cliant updater is runing on pc upstairs !! set statice ip on duo checked thats ok !! just cant find what im missing

Hi mates !

wozbwfc

..we try to choose the easy way !

no IP in real doesn't require " a real " port open because it work on your single IP assigned by Modem / router and redirect it on your box IP
    your no IP has been configured on your BOX IP it mean host name = IP box

then you have to change your http port of your box in public with a value different to 80 ( 1xx.1xx.1xx.1xx box IP local port 80 public port 2180..example )

you wrote : " ...left computer name as default and put same port number in ticked the box and saved and loged out .."

you cant have 2 equal port for 2 different IP

..and have a look to you firewall ( try to disable it temporarily checking your config )
    at the end of your config reboot modem/router and BOX

regards !

• but no ip has ip 77.**.***.*** box ip 192.***,***,*** .

and port checker is finding 77.***.***.*** and not duo????

sorry if i sound stupid just all this is new to me and just trying to get up and running.

im reading and trying but cant get it to work ???

• Official Post

This is correct mate, no-ip uses your external ip (77*******) and sends the info to where you forward it to internally ( 192*******)
    Port checker will also look on external ip to see if port is open on your router. IP addresses starting 192 are for internal use only.

• if you dont mind me asking i know 12000 is a no go so what rang do ports start and finish .

and you saying my router should not look like this. port . 12345---12345
    port . 12345---12345
    i named it vu+ duo i left the applacation drop down as default......applacation
    ip ***.***.***.**** computer name drop down as defualt.........computer name

• Official Post

if you dont mind me asking i know 12000 is a no go so what rang do ports start and finish .
    Lets just imagine you were planning to hack a CCcam server, which port would you try first?
    and you saying my router should not look like this. port . 12345---12345
    port . 12345---12345
    i named it vu+ duo i left the applacation drop down as default......applacation
    ip ***.***.***.**** computer name drop down as defualt.........computer name

Every router is different so without knowing your router model or seeing the setup page it is hard to answer this one mate.

• my router is a d link dir 615 d4 fw 100.x virgin one. i dont know how to take a snap of page on router or i would put it to show you.

thanks for you patients

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!