Cant get any other satellites after fiddling with settings

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 814 times. The last Post () by milko8286.

• Hi all,

Had a motorised dish fitted a while ago and picked up plenty of satellites but always felt the signal wasnt quiet as strong as it could be and was missing some channels.

AHd the dish set up with usals - at least i think it was - it was the positioner option.

Anyway, messed about a biot on various satellites moving the dish slightly and got noticeably imporved signal levels, but couldnt see a way to save them while using usals.

Anyway to cut a long story short, i messed about a lot I now have astra 28 stronger than I have ever had before, but only when I set my tuner configuration to simple and 28.2e. As soon as I change it to usals, i lose the signal on 28.2 east and get the tune failed message. I cannot get any other sattelites either, and then have to manually refind 28 east, pull out the satellite connectiion and chnage to simple configuration before plugging the sat connection back in. I have tried reflashing my box thinking that would reset everything but to no avail. I ahave alwso tried the goto 0 and goto X functiuon in positioner set up but these seem to make no difference.. I have tried searching for other satellites by turning usals back on cannot find any of them and it seems as if the motor is not moving but i cannot be certain of that. I have tried to follow the guides in this section for usals and diseqc but no joy.

Anyone got any ideas?

MAny thannks

I have a maxdigital xp1000 and am using vix 3.

• thanks for the replies. Am in Manchester, i have entered my lat and long. Seems strange that it worked but now it doesnt. Think its a technomate motor. Will ahve anmother try at the weekend

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!