Satellite broadband

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 918 times. The last Post () by dale094.

• Morning all

Ive been looking again at satellite broadband. I live in Northern Ireland and my broadband speed is poor 0.5meg😂
    Is anyone using broadband everywhere this satellite company is offering satellite internet using a sky dish 28.2e any help or advice on this subject would be much appreciated.

Cheers

• fr0m what i have seen there all capped with high prices

check out

Code
    http://avonlinebroadband.com/choose-your-package/choose-tooway-home/

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• If your considering running a server with it bud then i think from memory when this has been posted before that there is too much lag using a satellite broadband connection for it to work.....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hefty setup costs

You can either buy the equipment up front for £300 + £150 installation, or have it included in the package price for first 36 months.

Onwave and Tooway are other satellite providers.

They all probably use a dedicated dish though (as far as i'm aware, 75cm to 1.2m depending on location) with an iLNB.
    Something similar to this:

• satellite broadband is not in real time, you may need to use a fetch file to download content so there is a wait for this to happen, therefor not good for anything but downloading content, that is what i found when using some yrs ago, unless they have lightning speed now.

• According to them the latency problem still exists but from their blurb, they have employed "measures" to counteract this,

All internet connections suffer from some latency and because a satellite connection requires the signal to travel from the ground to the satellite and back again, this imposes a "satellite latency" of approximately half a second. However, we employ a variety of means to mitigate the effects of this delay, so it does not adversely affect normal use of the Broadband Everywhere connection. The only exception is online gaming which satellite broadband is not suitable for.

What these measures are, I don't know.
    I too have shite speeds and was looking into this as an alternative to my superfast 1.5-2mb connection (on a good day).
    I'd be interested to hear opinions from anyone who is currently on satellite broadband and how they rate it.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!