VU+ Solo 2 with Blackhole 2.1.1/2.1.7/3.x - Menu/TV Favouriues slow/sticky

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 816 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• I was running 2.1.1 and decided to update to a more recent revision. I went to 2.1.7 but the system stuck at startup with the egg timer spinning. Tried to go back to earlier version and had the same problem. I tried 3.x and it loaded OK. But I noticed the info said this version is experimental. I see lots of images for download. Which is the stable release?

Main problem I have experienced (although I had not tested all functions) is the TV Favourites menu is sticky. It scrolls OK at first but then sticks. If I wait a while (a couple of minutes, or sometimes not) it frees itself. Is this related to release/version above or is it something else?

• Thanks for your reply. I found a problem with the image, and now I've downloaded the correct BH 2.1.7 image it updated OK. I updated from a USB. Is the 3.0 image a worthwhile update from 2.1.7 and could would that need to be done via USB or online? I mistakenly did an online update from BH 2.1.1 to whatever version was downloaded and that did not work.

• Impossible to update from image 2.xx to 3.xx you need to start fresh via USB.
    make sure you have a backup copy of your own personal settings first.
    Obviously the more recent images have improvements that might not be noticed by the end user
    but will make a difference to the inner functions and compatiblities of plugins,etc...

• Well, 2.1.7 is getting stuck sometimes, loading... etc. Also rebooted when I tried to initialise the hard disk. I'd be willing to try 3.x. Which image (there seem to be many) is stable?

2.1.7 is getting stuck sometimes, loading.

This could be due to a number of things so hard to pinpoint just one reason....

Also rebooted when I tried to initialise the hard disk.

It should be rebooted if it doesn´t automatically, some image versions "lose" the HDD when loading.
    saying that , you should only need to initialise the HDD first time.( this could be the answer to problem 1 )

Which image (there seem to be many) is stable?

BH is as stable as any other I have tried out, saying that ,again ,it is down to a personal choice as to which image best suits your needs.
    if you want to see how BH performs why not try out a ready made backup image?
    click on the link and go to post #1 : BlackHole 3.0.1 Vu+ Solo2 Full Backup image by mckee25
    you will find other backup images here: Forum: Vu+ SOLO2 Backup Images
    REMEMBER TO HAVE A BACKUP COPY OF YOUR OWN PERSONAL CONFIGURATIONS FIRST,etc....

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!