DTS to DD Transcoder

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,129 times. The last Post () by mongo.

• Appreciate this might not be the best place, but running out of ideas. I have a SONOS playbar and VU Solo 2. It transpires the SONOS Playbar cannot handle DTS, it just can't. Does anyone know of any plugins for Enigma 2 that can transcode DTS to Dolby Digital (playbar can handle DD)

My setup is LG 4K TV that can handle DD > Optical Cable from the Sonos bar to the TV. Solo 2 HDMI to the TV. For some strange reason Blurays are transcoded on an XBOX one from DTS to DD and churn out an amazing 5.1 sound. I cannot get the MKV's from my NAS to play via the SONOS bar. Only way to get sound is to select stereo, which then bypasses the 5.1

Any ideas greatly appreciated. There's tons of stuff on the SONOS forums, but no one has a solution

• I found a work around using Kodi on a rasberry pi2 bypassing DTS and transcoding to DD. Works sweet and my report now shows output as 5.1. Sounds awesome

Would still prefer to do this from Enigma2 though as it's one more thing plugged in

• I found a work around using Kodi on a rasberry pi2 bypassing DTS and transcoding to DD. Works sweet and my report now shows output as 5.1. Sounds awesome

Would still prefer to do this from Enigma2 though as it's one more thing plugged in

How did you do it?
    I am also playing with Kodi right now.

I personally cant see the point of putting a 5.1 mix through a soundbar, you'd be just as well putting the stereo mix through it.

Well for me, I have two wireless rear speaker connected to the soundbar to get 5.1 ;)
    But as mentioned above only DD is decoded to 5.1 and not DTS.
    If I use only the soundbar without the rear speaker, I agree, the difference is almost not there.

• My workaround was for SONOS 5.1 due to their lack of DTS (SUB, Playbar and 2 ONES).

In Kodi under audio options (make sure to set it to expert setup)

Set "number of channels" to 2.0. (some weird bug)
    "Output configuration" to optimised.
    "Enable Passthrough" on
    "AC3 capable receiver" on
    " - Enable Dolby Digital transcoding" on
    "DTS capable receiver" off

- - - Updated - - -

I'd still prefer some form of passthrough and DD transcoding in Enigma2 if possible :) Happy with the workaround for now though

Ultimately SONOS should pull their finger out and support DTS

• I was surprised that Sonos doesn't support DTS considering the price. I thought it was only Samsung ...
    I will try it, thanks!
    If I come across a solution which is directly on Enigma2 I'll post it here.

• Hi.
    I've got a plex media server and convert all my dts files to ac3 with PlexTools, then play them with dreamplex on the solo2.

Are any of you experiencing drop outs of sound when playing dolby 5.1 from the playbar with the solo2?

Edited once, last by mongo ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!