4K tv

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,095 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• That Samsung Model is the entry level 4K TV its fully compliant with all the necessary UHD like HDMI 2.0a and HDCP 2.2 and 4K@60hz so will be future proofed.

you will get more 4K channels and feeds with a Motorised setup than you would with a fixed dish, you could possible end up watching things like this: http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.php?t=108740&p=344332&viewfull=1#post344332

and the Euros this summer as well as the Olympics are bound to have 4K feeds

• thanks folks for your reply, digi247 i do have a motorised system but i have changed my mind on what
    set to buy. I went today and looked at the samsung but also seen a Sony 65 inch curved 4k led tv and
    have decided i would prefer it, i would like opinions on it. I bought a Vu solo 4k receiver from the
    sponsers here today.

but also seen a Sony 65 inch curved 4k led tv and
    have decided i would prefer it,

The only thing that comes to mind is any possible third party support , i.e: samsung and LG have fairly decent apps for iptv..
    Haven´t seen anything for sony, so far....

• I would suggest a LG OLED TV.
    Mine is a last year's 65EF950V.
    You can check for this year's models, but I have to tell you that sometimes I look at the few 4K channels on satellite or YouTube, just for the sake of watching something wonderful.
    BTW, I have the same VU+ Solo 4k as a satellite receiver(No wonder here as it's the only one right now).

As for 4K content, we just got the news that RAI Italia will transmit at least 7 games of European Championship this summer and it's just the beginning ;-)

• My first choice would be the LG OLED as there is nothing to compare picture quality wise at this moment, although for nearly £3500 its a hefty price tag, next would be either a Samsung 8000 or 9000 series again quite a price tag.

If money is no object like a brand new car price then Panasonic have just entered the OLD market with a 65" and by all accounts it blows everything else out of the water including the LG's but at nearly £7500 you have to have deep pockets

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!