Mac os X & web TV Vu+ Ultimo help!!

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,544 times. The last Post () by MuGa.

• Has any ony managed to get the webcontrol function to work on a mac os x?

I type in the ip of my VU ultimo, the webcontrol browser control shows all my channels and stored movies but the web TV will not work, say's I need a plugin for VLC???

Can anyone help please

• Thanks, will give that a go tonight, will have to uninstall VLC so I can install the plug at the same time.

I also found idreamx last night and have got that to work on my mac.

Thanks again.

• Hello,
    i can't manage to get the web TV work:
    after connecting to my Ultimo box VU+ from MAC Firefox the "VU PLUS Web TV" can't find any suitable VLC plugin application and gives the option to install it manually. Indeed the message reads "the plugin (application/x-vlc-plugin) is unknown and next to this sentence there is the "manual installation" button.
    Yet i did download and open "vlc-plugin-1.0.5-intel.dmg". I've also installed VLC for MAC = Version 1.1.12 The Luggage (Intel 32bit).

Also is there any configuration to do at VLC application level, like open a network (RTP/UDP streams)

Note: i use MAC OS X version 10.6.8 (Intel)
    Please help!!

Thanks

• nayyan

I take it you wish to stream TV from your vu+ to your mac? As birdy said in this thread, do a google for iDreamX for mac, download and install it on your mac along with vlc. You can watch/record TV on your mac via iDreamX.

• nayyan

I take it you wish to stream TV from your vu+ to your mac? As birdy said in this thread, do a google for iDreamX for mac, download and install it on your mac along with vlc. You can watch/record TV on your mac via iDreamX.

thanks for this information but still i can't manage to stream a TV program to VLC: the VLC application opens up but nothing happens then.I can only see in the play list <many digits>.m3u. If i check the streaming preferences there are quite many parameters like the stream port: what should be the value? Stream to VLC is set to "keep iDreamX in focus" only. should i tick the 2 other boxes?

VU+ ULTIMO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!