Series Link Addon

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,534 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• There isn't a series link as such, but the thing you are looking for is called 'autotimer' - with this you can automate based on certain criteria, such as record a programme of a certain name on a certain channel within a certain time, and you can tell it not to record it if the description matches one that has already been recorded. It doesn't quite amount to a series link, but it is the closest you can get to one! It was already on my image's addon server, so have a look there or just use a search engine and manually install it. It works well with cooltvguide.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• what image are you using mate? the autotimer plugin is hard wired into some images already :-+ - just a case of knowing how to use it!

• the autotimer would go further than the standard timer that caz has highlighted. Had a look and although I have found autotimer files on the internet I don't want to recommend any incase you break things! - if you can't find one for your image, then I do know that if you changed to the Vix image, the autotimer is there already! I am using openAAF image on my receiver and it is there. Might me easier to change your image if you need this function tbh.

• Now I am able to answer this question I will, this is for Black Hole on VU+ Duo so would imagine will work for you. The Autotimer can be installed on Black Hole by Menu - Setup - Manage Extentions - (wait while updates catalogue), then select 'Recordings' - select AutoTimer, and then green to install.

This works perfectly with CoolTV Guide, to install this, press Green to access Green Panel, then press yellow, and select Addons Download Manager, Select Black Hole Plugins, then select Cool Tv Guide v5.5.0 to install.

Restart GUI, then to access the Cool TV Guide, you need a long Blue Button press, then for example select Cool TV Guide (this uses epg information already stored on your reveiver, so if you are using CrossEPG you still use this to update EPG). On the EPG channel and timeline screen, once you have found the service you want, you can do a long Green Button press to send the event to your AutoTimer, where you have further options to set the parameters for that programme. You can tell it to require the description to be unique for example, which means if if finds something that it thinks has been recorded before, it will not send it to the timer. This isn't foolproof where different episodes have the same description. When you exit AutoTimer it prompts you to check, select yes as this converts the selection to timer events, if you select no it will wait until the next polling time as defined in the settings.

After installing AutoTimer, you should also set it up by accessing it in the plugins menu, and select it to poll (send selections to timer) and how often, and set other options as needed.

Took me a while to get this working, but was important so I was always going to get there!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!