Totally Confused

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 537 times. The last Post () by TK4|2|1.

• Ok my current setup is :

1m Motorized Dish with a Technomate Quad LNB
    RG6 Cable
    2 ports of the LNB going into the back of my VU+ Duo2 and a Dual Cable Tuner.

Now i know i can use the cable tuner in the 4K so that's great.

So the wife like to record a lot of soaps ect so with the auto-timer 3 min startup and 5 min over run this limits me to recording/Viewing 2 Sat channels at once and as i have now idea how to setup the duo2 to fall back and use the cable tuners when both sat tuners are busy (is it even possible) so i have started looking at the 4K as my possible solution as it says you can record/view up-to 8 channels at the same time with the FBC tuner installed.

From if i understand what everyone is saying then

1) With my existing cabling and LNB the 4K will still only be able to Record/view 2 Satellite channels at the same time ? :confuse:

2) If i change the LNB for a Unicable LNB the box would then be able to record/view 8 satellite channels at the same time ? :clap:

I Can not find anything about fitting a unicable LNB onto a Motorized system so is it possible to as 99% of the time my dish is pointed to 28E but occasionally i like to have a scan around the other satellites so if i fitted the unicable LNB and decided to move the dish and watch something on say 13E would the system automatically be able to record/view 8 channels on 13E and then when i move the dish back to 28E go back to 8 channels on 28E. What im trying to say i suppose is whatever satellite it is pointed at at the time is the satellite that all 8 tuners will automatically be configured for????

To Sum up if what i have said above IS correct then to get all that i have mentioned above all i would need to buy is the VU+ 4K and a unicable LNB ???

Also

1) Would i still need a switch or is that only if i want to run a second box???
    2) What Unicable LNB do i need for the 8 channels as im finding them very hard to find here in the UK?

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!