CCcam and Mgcamd question

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 762 times. The last Post () by PlexCord.

• Hi there,

I'm newbie into Satellite Linux based boxes - just 1 day yet (to be more specific I regularly work with Linux Distros on servers, not on Sat). I have successfully flashed OpenVix 3.2.037 to my Venton UNIBOX HD ECO+ PLUS. Then I was surprised that my paid programs on Conax Card (HD M7) doesn't work. After I found on this forum that I need Emulator which must be compatible with card and run "Card Server". So I installed CCcam 2.3.0 from plugins menu, created config file. After I started CCcam and voila! My programs are working fine! I tried also play with sharing my Card to another Sat box which acted as client and it's amazing! Work like a charm. But to the root of this topic - I found on the Sat forums that there is some other Client Emulator called Mgcamd which is more stable and faster than CCcam. But My question is - Why should I need to run CCcam (Server) and Mgcamd (Client) on the same Sat. machine? Are there some pros of this combination? Isn't enought to use just CCcam which automatically works as client/server? I don't understand this. I would be glad if somebody can bring some light on this problematics.

Thank you very much, OpenVIX rocks!

• You wouldn't run both CCcam & Mgcamd on the same receiver bud.....

Mgcamd is client only so it is no use to read your card etc.... you need CCcam to do this. What you have done so far running CCcam on your Venton UNIBOX HD ECO+ PLUS to act as your card reader & server is correct. Now you have a choice of using either CCcam or mgcamd on any other reciever to work as a client only....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!