Picture freezes - how to track the problem?

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,140 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• Hi,
    I have a VU+DUO2 connected to Sat dish and 40MB broadband via a Sky Hub router. The problem I have is that certain channels are prone to picture freezes of anything between a stutter and 30 seconds or more. I need help to track down the culprit as I have no idea whether it's the Vu+, the Sky router, the broadband, the satellite signal, the CCcam etc...

Any ideas are welcome!

• Is it a share your using or a payserver?
    What signal strength have you got on the affected channels?
    Does it happen on free to air channels?

Hi,
    not sure of the difference between a share and a payserver? I'm using CCcam if that's what you mean?
    How do I find signal strength and what is good/bad strength?
    I typically get
    SNR=82%, AGC=79%, BER=0, ECM=0.231 - but I don't know what any of these mean nor whether they are good/bad values and what I should do to improve them?

No it only happens on some channels e.g. Sky Atlantic but is fine on other channels such as Sky Sports...

I really don't know where/how to start troubleshooting... any pointers would be gratefully received as it's driving me and the missus bonkers!

• The signal is OK as for the freezing sometimes all it takes is:
    1) Do a reboot of your Router and Vu+ box
    2) Ask who ever is supplying the line to do a reboot (That usually solves the freezing)
    3) if still freezing do a fresh scan of the provider/channel in question

not sure of the difference between a share and a payserver? I'm using CCcam if that's what you mean?

Yep , that puts to bed two-fold:
    You haven´t read the rules.
    3 posts in one year, you haven´t read enough...
    Surely you can tell the difference between your own local card or sharing with another peer or simply paying a supplier for the line.

• Yep , that puts to bed two-fold:
    You haven´t read the rules.
    3 posts in one year, you haven´t read enough...
    Surely you can tell the difference between your own local card or sharing with another peer or simply paying a supplier for the line.

Well, I guess your response pretty much sums up why I don't read these forums too often - I had a genuine problem and sought some advice but as is common on such forums I get a snarky response from someone with clearly more knowledge than me and an elevated sense of self-importance.

No, I still don't know the difference between a Share and a payserver but yes, I now realise that the question I am asking is related to a payserver so won't expect any further help on this forum which was a shot in the dark anyway!

• Well, I guess your response pretty much sums up why I don't read these forums too often - I had a genuine problem and sought some advice but as is common on such forums I get a snarky response from someone with clearly more knowledge than me and an elevated sense of self-importance.

No, I still don't know the difference between a Share and a payserver but yes, I now realise that the question I am asking is related to a payserver so won't expect any further help on this forum which was a shot in the dark anyway!

Did you pay for a line to connect to a server to receive premium channels on your duo2 without using a valid subscription card??? if so you now know what a payserver is.... and if that is the case i would love to know how much support you have recieved from the payserver you subscribe to? Your probably suffering from glitching etc because the server your connected to has been over-loaded with customers.... but now that the person that runs that server has everyone's money they will probably not give a shit. Sorry to be blunt here but thats the way it is regards payservers....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!