how to configure oscam with ddns

There are 31 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,611 times. The last Post () by lambo.

• Hi I have oscam on Ubuntu server running smoothly thanks to master g and others I want to connect my family and friends to my server I've created a ddns using no-IP website it's configured in my router showing all OK when I type the ddns in my web address it points to my router can any one help on how I can configure oscam with the ddns so I can get my family and friends connected thanks in advance I'm currently using the server IP in my own box

Edited once, last by master G: moved ().

• [quote='master G','https://linuxsat-support.com/index.php?thread/&postID=349284#post349284']Is there any reason why this is in csp and not oscam forum ? Which ports do you have open in the router ?[/QU

I don't no I started a thread in cardsharing forum??

I have port 12000 open in the router

• Is port 12000 pointing towards the server ? Are you trying the hostname within your own network ? Have you tried connecting to your server outside of your own network ?

thanks for your quick reply master g

Is port 12000 pointing towards the server ?
    yes

Are you trying the hostname within your own network ?
    yes wouldent this still work even though its within the network just for testing?

Have you tried connecting to your server outside of your own network ?
    no i havent yet

• Go to canyouseeme.org and test port 12000, if its open you have nothing to worry about. Just setup your shares and test.

IM GETTING this:

Error: I could not see your service on x.x.x.x on port (12000)
    Reason: Connection timed out

ive port forward on my router to the server ip?
    what could i be doing wrong?

• nsmod ipt_mark
    insmod xt_mark
    iptables -t mangle -A PREROUTING -i ! `get_wanface` -d `nvram get wan_ipaddr` -j MARK --set-mark 0xd001
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -m mark --mark 0xd001 -j MASQUERADE

followed the video inserted the command and saved it still nothing seems something in the firewall is not allowing it like he mentions in the video may be theres a diffrent command?

- - - Updated - - -

forgot to mention im on fiber and the tp link is connected to the main providers router ive searched something about dmz to setup in ddwrt to by pass the first routers firewall?? how can i do this with ddwrt

- - - Updated - - -

2d3b2ca03b970668a42fc19.jpg

you have to leave the following blank which is starnge and now opening the port 12000

if i enter the ddns into my box with the port it should work yes?

• :thumb::thumb:

It should yes.. For your own security use a different port other than the default 12000..

thanks master g its working with the ddns and changed port appreciate you help:thumb::fist bump:

- - - Updated - - -

changed port was working fine now log file saying this and box line is offline?

2016/05/05 15:43:47 17BF150 c encrypted newcamd:18988-client xxxxxxxxxxxx rejected (user waky, invalid ip)
    2016/05/05 15:43:47 17BF150 c hostname or ip mismatch for user waky (generic)

Edited once, last by master G: removing ip address ().

• Hi sorry to start a new thread master g but the other one was closed I had the ddns and port 12000 working fine as you advised to change the port I did its currently 12100 I have port forward the port in my router also showing open in port checker the line I gave my brother which is outside of my network did not work also I tried the line in my own box also does not work in the user tab the user is offline but there is no log showing the user trying to connect out or local my ddns is also configured correctly and port do I have to enter the ddns anywhere in the server files so it can find it any help would be appreciated oh and feel free to open the thread back up and move this there or not thanks in advance

• You don`t need to put the hostname anywhere in the server files.

Show us how you have configured the share. Also need to know what emulator is being used on the client side and how you have added it, what it looks like etc.

this is in oscam user
    [account]
    user = waky
    pwd = baky
    caid = 0960
    au = skyuk
    group = 1

this was my own line which worked local and with ddns which i got it to work but when i changed the port when you advised it was still working i gave this to my brother to insert it in his v8s box wont work tried it in mine still wont work

added this line in an openbox v8s cccam/protocol newcamd

• [/QUOTE]

Did you also change the port in oscam.conf to match what you opened in the router ?

oscam config:

Edited once, last by leroy123 ().

• Give [cccam] and [newcamd] a separate port.

Show us a log so we can see whats happening..

this is when i restart oscam

Edited 2 times, last by master G: removing ip address ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!