Android v1.17 Update, not booting to Enigma2

There are 18 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,552 times. The last Post () by t_gumienny.

• Hi All
    I've just tried the OTA Android update to version V1.17 which includes the ability to boot from either Nand or SDcard without removing the SDcard.
    Nice Idea in theory but for me didn't work at all.
    On boot-up a screen ask's us to push power button to boot from SDcard but the box continues to boot into android anyway.

I was trying to boot into OpenATV 5.3 should that be of interest.

Anybody else having this problem or any advice on how to fix this issue.

Edited once, last by fingersd ().

• Thanks for that, it's nice to know it's not just me!

I did find by formatting cash partition I could get E2 to start but only the once, on next reboot it would have to be done again.
    I doubt there will be long to wait.

Cheers Dave.

- - - Updated - - -

In theory yes, but not working for me yet. ended up flashing back to android V1.15 to get my E2 back

• thanx for the info wont be updating my droid till i find out more :)

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• You can also flash Android 1.17 to get the various updates and afterwards just reflash only the bootloader to 1.16. Effectively you end up with 1.17 installed but using the 1.16 loader it will auto boot to SD card if one is present if not it boots to nand, both files are available on the official Wetek forum.

Edited once, last by 1999gtv ().

• You can also flash Android 1.17 to get the various updates and afterwards just reflash only the bootloader to 1.16. Effectively you end up with 1.17 installed but using the 1.16 loader it will auto boot to SD card if one is present if not it boots to nand, both files are available on the official Wetek forum.

Thanks 1999gtv your help was appreciated

I found the uboot's you were referring to (I've included V1.1.6 = No Dual Boot and V1.1.7 with Dual Boot)

What appears to happen is if screen resolution or HDMI settings are changed in android, these changes are stored in the bootloader and destroy the ability of dualboot from working (I'm amazed none of the devs spotted this potential issue before releasing it)

The fix is to reinstall the uboot from update console (It wouldn't install from WeUpdate for me) and as you say we can pick from the old and new version, so the best of both worlds.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I've a new issue, My box refuses to shut down from android and the LED stay's blue forcing a reboot to get to the boot option. This only happens with an external HDD connected, so probably a mount / un-mount issue.

• Yes spot on with the resolution change it writes to bootloader if you change resolution in the set up menu also if you enable hdmi cec that breaks dual boot as well. I gave up with dual boot and installed 1.16 boot loader and have since swapped again to E2 on nand and Libreelec on SD card. Is your externall hdd powered as mine is and unless I turn off hdd power the Wetek won't close down

Edited once, last by 1999gtv ().

• No, actually my HDD is a wetek powered 2.5" caddy and works perfect with Openelec / Enigma2 / Android, until the multiboot Uboot is installed.
    I'm back on the v1.1.6 bootloader aswell. V1.1.7 is far from ready for public release (in my opinion anyway)

• i have the same problem
    On boot-up a screen ask's us to push power button to boot from SDcard but the box continues to boot into android anyway.

dreambox 500s +cccam2.011+exchange cccam all packages

• Download now working fine, have tried this image before and it worked for 3 reboots before failing again and only booting to android, nice idea Wetek just needs more work kind of sums up the entire android experience on this box, hopefully others will have more luck than me

• For wetek play 1 last version of android originally posted by Masterchief on the Wetek forum in june 2016 was wetek os 1.18. This was meant to fix dual boot issues with wetek os 1.17, it worked for some not for others, and disappeared from downloads until it reappeared on the forum in december 2016 . Apparently no further updates on android side is possible as the Wetek play 1 can not run android 6 or later.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!