ViX xtrend 9200 Webinterface help

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,914 times. The last Post () by phonix.

• Hello, I hope you dont mind me asking but im out of ideas,i was told to get a xtrend 9200 which i bought from WOS with the vix image, but i havnt a clue how it works or half of the terminology.. ive got the box up and running c/s from a bloke in ireland but im trying to find out how to set it up to web browse and i understand i can watch the box on my laptop while the mrs is watching something else,i do have the VLC plugin but thats as far as ive got,i would appreciate any help you could give me or if you cant could you point me in the right direction, ps i cant see the web browser in my plugins...>?thanks for any help.

• The webbrowser is accessed by typing the ip address of your xtrend into a browser like mozilla or internet explorer.

Anything you are not sure of just ask and we will try to explain as best we can.

Yes i put the ip address in my laptop browser but it came up saying interner explorer cannot display blar blar blar..do i need to get this sorted before i can access the browser on the box as well, many thanks.

• Official Post

The webinterface plugin should be installed on ViX image, if not, you can try installing Open Webif.

After installation it will be in plugins list, you will need to enable it.

Set enable http authentication to no, if you choose yes you will have to edit/enable the webinfo details in CCcam.cfg.

Code
    WEBINFO USERNAME :root
    WEBINFO PASSWORD :dreambox
  • Yes i looked in plugins and found webinterface,but it didnt show in plugins after i highlighted it, i looked in openwebif and the settings are open webinterface enabled= yes.Http port 08088 and enable Http authentication =no,but cant see the webbrowser in my plugins..? many thanks for your help.

• Ah well that explains it i was looking to browse the web on the box, i seen a demo on youtube using the webbrowser but it might not have been the VIX image i suppose,sorry to have bothered you guys,Mind you i still cant view my box on the laptop and im sure thats possible.thank you.

• Ah well that explains it i was looking to browse the web on the box, i seen a demo on youtube using the webbrowser but it might not have been the VIX image i suppose,sorry to have bothered you guys,Mind you i still cant view my box on the laptop and im sure thats possible.thank you.

You need to instal these 2 files to use HBBTV on your et/xtrend box

webbrowser version 1.2" and "weblinks-basic_1.0"

best to use a keyboard as using the remote sucks just plug one in and restart the box most keyboards are recognized by the box i would recommend using a keysonic 540RF

good luck with this as i have tried using this in the past and i have got a few more gray hairs using the webbrowser

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• Hi Guys, the three download i have, do i download them 1 at a time then unzip them and put on a usb data stick then load onto the box..? also do i turn the box off before i do this.. its my first time, thanks

• Just download the 2 files on to you desktop (they dont need extracting) and then ftp into your et9200 (using you fav ftp prog)

add both files to /tmp folder on the et9200

and then on your et9200 press blue/vix//instal local extensions you should see both files instal one at a time and restart box after both files have been installed and you will find the new menus under blue button

Help asked via PM will be ignored.
    The forum is there for help and all will benefit from your questions.

• Hi, I havnt got a ftp never mind a fav one,lol, ive been trying to connect my laptop to the box but have been unable to connect,ive typed in the ip address of the box but it keeps saying explorer cant connect ect ect.

• Ive managed to download and instal filezilla, added my boxes ip address and username and blank passwork,in the remote site i found a folder called temp.. do i just drop the 2 downloads in there, thanks in advance.

• Yes when ive done all you said when i click on webbrowser i get small text at the top of my tv screen saying file//localhost/ukbrowser//index.html. and when i checked weblinks i have nederlandse websites german websites, and german media websites.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!