Dont know how to ask for my problem.

There are 16 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,510 times. The last Post () by nightshadow36.

• Hello

I will try and explain as best as possible but I do not know how to fix it, maybe a script of some kind.
    My set up.

Sat dish, paid card, TV Tuners, Oscam, streaming with mumudvb

This is the problem there can be bad weather and i might lose sat signal for a moment.
    When the sat signal comes back online there may be a few channels that dont get decrypted by oscam or show in the live log / even though mumudvb is still streaming the channel.

For Example

Sky movies in OScam is working and listed in the live log.
    Lose sat signal for a moment.
    Sky movies is not listed in the live log any more so not decrypting - what i have to do is restart OScam for it to work again.

Hope this makes sense, any idea how to fix it, its been driving me mad for months.

Thank you.

• check your signal from lnb do you have issues with FTA chanels ?

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Thank you for the response. The signal is normally ok. That is what I am saying if there is really bad weather i might lose signal for a few seconds.
    MuMudvb is set up with monit to restart the stream if there is signal loss but after a storm a few channels do not come back on with oscam.
    Is there a script to check the channels are decrypting and if not force it to restart. They just do not show in OScam As I say its hard to explain.
    FTA channels are fine as it does not need OScam
    Thank you.

• then it soundsthat its the LNB m8 very poss needs slightly realined , this can happen over time with high winds ect ect
    also if you have a spare port onthe LNB then yiu could change the port in see if it helps wont know untill nxt bad weather though

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• Again thank you for the answers but I have already tried to explain it happens when there is bad weather so i know i lose signal untill the storm has passed.
    I live in spain and I am receiving english via my sat and also norwegian from another sat.
    When there is a heavy rain storm I have low or lose of signal - this is normal.

I am using mumudvb for the streams and using OScam.

My streams and OScam work perfect all day every day when there is clear weather.
    Then there is a heavy rain storm, lets say 30 minutes i might have very low signal or drop signal completly.
    Once the storm passes and sat signal is received again my streams startup via monit and mumudvb.

The problem is some of the channels do not decrypt or even show up in OScam once the storm has passed, even though mumudvb has started the stream again.

So recap

Good weather everything working.
    Heavy rain storm / low or loss of sat signal
    Signal returns, mumudvb starts up streaming again.
    Some channels do not show or start decrypting in OScam.
    Restart OScam all channels are working.

Thank youl for any help.

• I think your answer is right there in storm,it's telling me your dish is set right on the edge
    and the slightest movement knocks it off being locked. Is the dish mounted on a pole or
    the wall,try and see if it moves just by pushing it gently. Have you a clear line of sight?

• Maybe I completely misunderstand your problem but it doesn´t sound like the dish,lnb etc are out of alignment ..
    I sometimes encounter this sort of problem,,( I too live in Spain on fringe footprint )
    What I do is simply change channel and then back to the one I want to view...
    It sometimes happens when I move the dish to another sat too...
    It´s annoying but takes 2 seconds to resolve.....
    Have you tried this without having to restart OScam?
    BTW..I´m amazed you can get Norwegian this far south....must be some size dish..

• "Maybe I completely misunderstand your problem but it doesn´t sound like the dish,lnb etc are out of alignment .."
    Thank you that is correct my dish has perfect alignment I am on the fringe so i lose sat signal when there is heavy rain. It returns when the rain calms or stops.

"What I do is simply change channel and then back to the one I want to view..."
    My streams automaticly start when there is good signal, but i can not change channel becuase mumudvb streams all the channels and forwards to the middleware.
    It just changes channels on the middleware but does not change channel on the Sat.

I am trying to find a way for OScam to check the non working channels and restart the decrytion. (Maybe not possible)
    I know the streams are working probly as all i need to do is restart OScam and it all works.
    If i had to restart the streams i would know it would be a streaming issue but restarting OScam gets it working again.
    OScam is fantastic software i just wish i could fix this small problem, its a pain having to check everything after a storm. As i provide IPTV it would be nice for OScam to see the problem and get it working as quick as possible.

I have a 2.8 sat to receive Norwegian channels. But it has to be with viasat as thor needs bigger.

Thank you.

• I have a wireless internet company and I provide IPTV free of charge to my clients.
    But the IPTV only works on my Local network and I do not cover Alicante, Sorry.

• Please realign your dish antenna, & change your coax cable.
    Older coax cables looks fine from outside but when u peel them off, u'll find them rusty inside, which is the major cause of signal attenuation.
    So its better to replace your coax cable in these types of issues, if your dish antenna & LNB is fine.

• I really dont know why everyone is saying to realign my dish - Dish, LnB, cables, Mutiswitch, Tuners, Software is perfect 100%
    I am on the fringe for picking up norwegian Sat. If i lose sat signal in the rain I do not care this will be normal for where i live.

1: I am on the fringe of sat signal everything is perfect untill there is heavy rain.
    2: The heavy rain is not a problem and loseing the sat signal while there is heavy rain is not a problem.
    3: The problem is when the heavy rain has stopped and things dont go back to normal.

After the rain has stopped my sat signal is good and my streams start on there own. I check my streams and i can see they are all streaming.
    The problem is OScam does not decrypt all the channels after the storm, when opening the stream in VLC the stream is working but no image or sound.
    Restarting OScam fixes this.

If the stream starts restreaming should OScam not start decryting again?

3: The problem is when the heavy rain has stopped and things dont go back to normal.

Bro, the issue is definitely related to your coax cable, your cable is the culprit, if your dish & LNB is OK.

• "The problem is when the heavy rain has stopped and things dont go back to normal."
    It`s only OScam that does not return to normal and only some of the channels.

My word, After the Rain.

Monit = Works
    TBS tuner = Works
    MumMudvb = Works
    Stream = Works
    Stream in VLC = Works but No image = Black / because its not .......... Decrypting.
    Restart OScam = All Works ........... OScam Decrypting

If it was the LnB, Dish, Cables, or a fart passing the dish in the wind why would everything work by just restarting OScam?

• Dear Sir.

Just so this does not keep repeating.
    In the last 2 years I changed the location of my sat dish and got a new LnB after the wasp nest.
    So its had a new LnB, Cables and got alligned when it was moved.

I have been having the problem before and after it was moved.
    So im guessing this is not related to the problem.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!