Vu+ Solo SE v2 with twin tuner and USALS - setup problems

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,070 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• I do not know if this is the right place to ask such a question but here goes nothing:

I have a Vu+ Solo SE v2 with twin tuners ie. 2x LNB inputs on the back and a motorised USALS dish.
    The retailer I bought it from told me that there is also an internal loopthrough function on this so that I can internally "clone" one cable's input to be able to record + watch different channels in the same quadrant (transponder and polarity afaik?)

I have tried setting up my tuners in the box in many different ways but whenever I choose loopthrough either on A or B tuner well then I will get no channels showing at all, neither will my USALS motor move automatically or manually (drive right-left)

Everything works as it should when I set up only tuner A or B as simple single USALS tuner and the other tuner to not configured. Then I have manual motor function and automatic USALS working as it is supposed to.

I am well aware that I am limited in recording/watching different channels with only 1 cable from the dish but at least to have the channels in same quadrant showing would be an improvement over the "useless" twin tuner functionality that I have at the moment.

I will at some point with the landlords permission try to pull another cable from the dish and get a working dual output LNB but that is another story for the future, for now I would like to have the twintuner "internal cloning / loopthrough" working as advertised.

Anyone familiar with this and could point me in the right direction considering the tuner setup?

thanks all in advance!

• Allright, I think I have tried it just like that but I will try again when I get home from work to see if it can drive the motor and get signal through that way.

Abu, have you tried this setup yourself with a USALS motor and only one cable from it?

Edited once, last by p30n ().

VU+ SOLO SE PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!