Help plz: cogwheels appear on screen every 5 min

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 760 times. The last Post () by cazuela.

• Hi,

Could anyone please help me to remove the 2 cogwheels appearing in the upper left corner exactly at every 5 minutes? The screen shows the spinning cogwheels animation for 1-2 sec while the program is going on without freezing. Not a serious problem but very annoying.

Reboot does not help. When I disconnect the net cable it will not show the cogwheels any more, but of course, I want to keep the network connected. The box is a DM 7020HD with the latest Newnigma2, if that matters.

Thanks very much in advance.
    -=Nuc=-

• Could be that the flash memory is full, meaning the box is struggling with simple tasks,this can happen if the epg info is being saved to flash over a long period,
    Also make sure the box is not running too hot, and there is plenty of ventilation,

• No, the flash is approx. 35% full, so it is far from being filled up totally. The box receives the same ventilation as before.

The latest "stable" image of Newnigma2 v4.0.17 (jan. 2016) is installed. What if I would re-flash with the latest "daily" image? Would it remove the problem? Thanks for your supporting ideas.

• Is there a check box to check for stable images only instead of all updates??
    This sounds similar to what happens with vix images...although I don´t use vix so can´t tell you where to check...
    if you do see the option of image update, leave it as stable only.. full restart the box and let it run a while..

• It seems that the problem has been solved. Most likely the box could not record a program onto a network HD (NAT), which was switched off in the meantime. It tried to repeat reconnecting in 5 min intervals, despite the fact that the box was rebooted several times. When a stupid software meets a stupid user it will result in a catastrophe... ;)

When a stupid software meets a stupid user it will result in a catastrophe... ;)

No such thing bud!!
    I´d look at it as an "oversight" or a "technical difficulty"... we, after all, are only human ..
    :welldone:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!