Can't flash Vu+Se v2

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,504 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi all, long time not been here... I hope you are all well.

All was working fine on my other boxes...

But i'm back as i need some help with this new box (Vu+SoloSE V2).

I got it today, tested the box all worked fine with the original image, so decided to flash.

I had my lexar 8gb usb with which i flash my Vu+Solo2, so it's fat32 and always worked ( i even formatted it twice to be sure). And i have a sandisk 64gb (yea i don't really have suck small usb's aroudn the house)

I Downloaded OpenVix 4.1, and Blackhole 3.

tried to flash both, i even waited 30mins to see if the led would flash but it kept pulsing.

With OpenVIX when rebooted i got stuck on the Vu+ original image, and stopped there. stuck. So decided to flash BH.

With Blackhole, i get the Blackhole boot image, but then it goes on the Vu+ boot image and starts the original Vu+ image....:oh:

Any help would be really welcome

PS: i would like to stick with Blackhole, as apparently it has Kodi already :))

Edited once, last by sogva ().

• Hi, yes. for sure.
    i just tested a 3rd usb, even with the original image it won't flash. very strange.

took the three images from the Vu+ solo SE V2 thread here on the forum

yes that is the exact image i have of BH

• yes its a genuine box.

i have two folders vuplus & solose. In solose i have 5 files (force.update, initrd, kernel, root, splash).

the issue is strange as i can see it uses the usb in the begining, then it just pulses, like if the job doesn't finish. As when i flash BH, i have the BH boot image, then it goes to the original Vu+ image. I even get an image from a channel.

- - - Updated - - -

have you triad hp format tool to format your usb

i'm doing this as we type. But man is my 8gb sloooooow. it's been formating for over 30mins.

• Are there any other devices connected to the box when you are trying to flash it???

Make sure you format your usb drive with the attached program before you copy the image folder over to it....

There should only be one folder named "vuplus" on the usb stick.... inside this it contains all that is needed.

• Are there any other devices connected to the box when you are trying to flash it???

Make sure you format your usb drive with the attached program before you copy the image folder over to it....

There should only be one folder named "vuplus" on the usb stick.... inside this it contains all that is needed.

Yup HP Tool has been formating my 8gb stick for over 30mins now (strange no?)
    no other devices attached -> only Ethernet & Satellite
    only 1 folder vuplus as mentioned above.

• it is rigth in folder solo se .... force.... ???? shud no force no ?

- - - Updated - - -

is genuine box

- - - Updated - - -

reboot your pc and try again to format fat 32 your usb ??

- - - Updated - - -

and to put image with nothing connected only electric then before u reboot put cable sat ,hdm, ..ect ??????

• Yep something is not right with the length of time it is taking to format the stick.... it should do it in seconds bud, not minutes.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Patience is a virtue.... I do have a 16gb that was formatted by an OSX machine - my windows is on a parallels, so maybe thats why it's slow. Once the 8gb has finished i'll format the 16GB. just don't wanna take the chance of it be longer with the 16Gb. it's at 70% now lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, i would like to thank you guys for your help. Indeed, the HP tool helped a lot (i didn't realise how import a good formating tool would be useful).
    this next subject might not be at the right place, but i tried to search the forum before asking (maybe i am a bit tired), But I'm just stuck now with the CCCAM.
    I installed TS Panel, went to Linux-support installed Ccam 2.2.1, 2.1.3, and alternative softcam manager from the BH 3 folder, found the CCcam.cfg in etc/ on the box. But can't chose or start the CCcam in softcam manager. I doesn't show anything.
    sorry in case i missed something, and thanks before hand for your help

• [MENTION=125051]sogva[/MENTION]
    been reading thro your thread mate.
    if i may i'd offer some advice some of it you have learnt already, some maybe not.

!: always try to flash the USB on a windows machine with fat32, on a mac it's really really flaky works sometimes sometimes it don't "disk utility" only formats to MS.DOS not really fat32 comparable.
    2: this bit you do know where possible try to use the HP format tool much better than the windoze built in version.
    3: try to use a USB pen of 4Gb and 8Gb max, anything bigger causes problems as well.
    4: as regards the cam first check and make sure you have the CCcam binary in /usr/bin
    5: make sure you have the start/stop script in place /usr/camscript.
    6: if any of these are missing then obviously the file never d/l'd properly, try again if it fails a second time, i'd suggest installing it manually.
    7: Good luck mate, please keep us informed on how you get on.

Regards: canthackit

• Official Post

Patience is a virtue.... I do have a 16gb that was formatted by an OSX machine - my windows is on a parallels, so maybe thats why it's slow. Once the 8gb has finished i'll format the 16GB. just don't wanna take the chance of it be longer with the 16Gb. it's at 70% now lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, i would like to thank you guys for your help. Indeed, the HP tool helped a lot (i didn't realise how import a good formating tool would be useful).
    this next subject might not be at the right place, but i tried to search the forum before asking (maybe i am a bit tired), But I'm just stuck now with the CCCAM.
    I installed TS Panel, went to Linux-support installed Ccam 2.2.1, 2.1.3, and alternative softcam manager from the BH 3 folder, found the CCcam.cfg in etc/ on the box. But can't chose or start the CCcam in softcam manager. I doesn't show anything.
    sorry in case i missed something, and thanks before hand for your help

You don`t need the alternative softcam manager. Start CCcam via blue button > Scroll left or right to select it then press OK button.

• Thanks all for your great support (again!). I was able to resolve the issue. When i installed CCcam 2.2.1 and 2.3 and uninstalled the 2.1.3 it erased my CCCam cfg. so i installed it again, and CCCam cfg reappeared... and now by touching the blue button i could select the CCcam i wanted.
    So everything is resolved - except that my dish moved i guess due to the high winds here and i only get 32-39% of signal on Astra 28.2, so i need to fix that now (bummer!).
    is there a CCam (2.2.1, 2.3 or 2.1.3) that works better then another?

---> now going to get a Vu+ Zero ready :)

Edited once, last by sogva ().

VU+ SOLO SE PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!