Motorised Dish setup issues

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 384 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• Hi all, looking for a bit of advice as my head is getting wrecked here!

Setting up my new 1.1mtr dish, replaced my old TD88.

At first everything was perfect, but then my father came down and wanted a poke, whatever he did he lost all my sats!

Been at it for a few days now and still having no real success in getting everything back.

Here is where I am at the moment.

Using Usals and the dish seems to be pointing at the sats ok, however if I want 0.8 west I have to raise my arm elevation to around 25. But doing this loses 28e, 19e etc. If I readjust my arm elevation to around 22 I lose 0.8w but gain 28e, 19e, 16e, 13e, however not getting 23e.

It seems the dish is pointing correctly, but for some reason im out somewhere but im not sure where or how. Ive tried changing everything from the elevation of the motor, turning the dish etc. Does anyone have any idea where im going wrong so I can focus directly on that?

Thanks

• Official Post

Your elevation should be set for your location. Check on the dish pointer site.
    Then get the best signal possible on 0.8 first and then a happy medium between 3 sats I use 42e 0.8w and 15w.
    28 19 and 13 are very strong signals so pretty crap for fine tuning...... Good luck.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!