Thinking of Flashing New Image, Need Advice.

There are 12 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,949 times. The last Post () by moosic.

• Hello All, I have been using an old backup image for a while now, image is OpenViX 3.2 Vu+ Solo 4k Backup By master G.

Anyway, over the last few months online updates seem to have stopped working and not sure why.

1. Can anyone explain why this has stopped working?
    2. Do I need to update the image?
    3. How to I go about saving my channel list?
    4. Is there anything else I need to know?

Hope you guys can help me out here... thanks ;)

• Official Post

1. Openvix image is now into the 4 version, all older versions don`t have the online update function. You will need to manually flash one of the latest versions to use the online updates..
    2. If you want to use the latest feeds then yes..
    3. Use a channel list editor. Backup your settings then transfer back to your box.
    4. Be more specific, there`s always loads to learn in this hobby..

• Official Post

Backup your softcam configs.. If you are using a motorized dish backup your stored positions in /etc/enigma2/settings (save and restore the settings file)..

Best is a matter of opinion, i honestly don`t have a best or favorite, i enjoy testing them all and find they are all as good as each other..

• Morning Master G. Today have flashed your OpenATV 5.3 backup, looks great so far.

Just trying to work out where i'm ftp'ing my oscam server and user files - i thought it was in etc/tuxbox/config? Can't seem to see any oscam files in there just wondered if they have moved somewhere else?

Also I noticed the epg has got alot different, do i need to set that up from now on or does it update automatically?

Edited once, last by moosic ().

• Thanks Master G.

It looks a great image but need to ask a couple of Q's if you don't mind.

I've done a full scan tonight, but a very small amount of channels like disc on 28.2 through oscam are not coming through, I have checked additional last scanned channels in case that was the issue but that has not helped. Others channels through oscam are working fine, it's just one or two channels not clearing.

Is there an issue with Oscam? These channels were working fine on the Vix image I was using only yesterday.

Also is there an issue with linus support addons? I'm trying to get the latest bouquets as the catseye channel list has now lost channels. Everytime I try to use it there is an error addons download failure, internet connection or server down?

• This is what i'm getting Master G. Just scanned in latest transponders aswell with no luck. Must be some sort of oscam issue as the config files are exactly the same as I was using on the openvix image.

2016/06/08 21:08:57 35F0EDE2 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 trying to descramble PID 0 CAID 0960 PROVID 000000 ECMPID 0503 ANY CHID PMTPID 0110 VPID 090D
    2016/06/08 21:08:57 35F0EDE2 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 trying to descramble PID 2 CAID 0963 PROVID 000000 ECMPID 0503 ANY CHID PMTPID 0110 VPID 090D
    2016/06/08 21:08:58 35F0EDE2 c (ecm) linuxsatsupport (0960@000000/FFFF/183C/63:28F1E3520839D935904BF9CA3F987485): rejected (188 ms) by "serveraddress" (F/2/2/2) - Discovery+1
    2016/06/08 21:08:58 35F0EDE2 c (ecm) linuxsatsupport (0960@000000/FFFF/183C/63:28F1E3520839D935904BF9CA3F987485): rejected (1 ms) by "serveraddress" (F/2/2/2) - Discovery+1
    2016/06/08 21:08:59 35F0EDE2 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 restarting decodingrequests after 0 ms with 2 enabled and 1 disabled ecmpids!
    2016/06/08 21:08:59 35F0EDE2 c (dvbapi) Demuxer 0 no suitable readers found that can be used for decoding!

Edited 3 times, last by moosic ().

• Hi Rule,

I'm not sure it can be, I've gone through all my channels that open with OSCam and to be fair most of them are opening without any issue, it is just a couple of disc channels that are not. The same configs have been used for months without any issue on the old Vix image i had been using. I have changed today to OpenATV 5.3 and they just don't seem to want to open.

My tuner setup is just one fixed (single) dish.

- - - Updated - - -

Can Anyone Help Me on This Please?

Edited 2 times, last by moosic ().

• Hi Master G, BT channels not clearing and disc apart from that everything else seems fine.

I added P: 0960:183C into oscam.dvbapi to see if that helps, didn't change anything.

Why would this happen when they were working perfectly with the openvix 3.2 backup oscam version 11196?
    ?

Should i go back to that version, if so how would I go about it?

- - - Updated - - -

No one can answer the question?

Maybe I should have just stuck with the old Vix 3.2 image!

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!