Picture Freezes Every 3/4 times every hour for around 8 seconds ?

There are 17 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,377 times. The last Post () by busterbob.

• HI All,

My dm800 running CCcam freezes 3 /4 times every hour and the freeze lasts around 8 seconds, i tried the search to find similar problems but found nothing, im running a ubuntu server with oscam r11182 with cccam 2.1.3, only 5 active people connected to my server so i know thats not the problem? they too experience the same thing, i have read setting cache in oscam may help ?

thanks in advance for any input you can offer. :)

• HI Master G,

Thanks for the reply, i have just purchased a vu duo 2 to replace my dm800 as i heard good things about it, i can see you also use the same box, which version of oscam do you suggest, which do you use ? i could setup a oscam only connection for myself however i have 2 family members using openbox x5 which i believe only support CCcam, also how many connections do you believe warrant the implementation of the cache feature ?

Cheers

- - - Updated - - -

HI Master G,

Thanks for the reply, i did reply to the post but it didn't go through using the quick post feature ?

I have now purchased a vu duo 2 to replace my dm800 as i heard good things about it, and can see you have the same box, which oscam version do you suggest ? which do you use with your box ?

I can setup an oscam only connection on my box however i have 2 family members using openbox x5 which i believe only support CCcam and MGCamd, also how many connections warrant implementing the cache feature in oscam ?

Cheers Pal

• Official Post

I constantly change my version just for testing purposes and don`t see much difference in stability.. Latest OSCam can be downloaded from our add-ons panel..

Do you need help configuring a C & N line for the openboxes ?

Dunno, maybe 30, 40 and more simultaneous connections, or whenever you see its freezing then you know you are at your limit..

• Hey pal,

ok so i have added the linuxsat addons plugin to the box and have downloaded oscam with CCcam, browse to local install, however after i select it i receive a message stating refusing to load file as its already installed but i don't see it in my softcam manager using openvix blue hd skin.

I know how to setup a c line for openbox, can i use n line in MGCamd ?

Cheers

• Official Post

Look in /usr/softcams for oscam & CCcam. Configs will be in /etc & /etc/tuxbox/config.

You would be better using OSCam only if you want to use the newcamd protocol / N lines in MGCamd, as CCcam can`t create N lines..

Yes you can use N lines in Openbox via MGCamd..

Use the attached configs for your card..

• hey, so are you saying i can use oscam in a openbox x5 ? as it only shows CCcam and MGCamd in the menu, or did you mean convert a oscam line to use in the openbox x5 using MGCamd softcam ?

• Hi mate what he means i think is just try using oscam on its ownas server mate don't use cccam you can add c,n or mgcamd lines to oscam in the oscam config something like this

[newcamd]
    port = 47111@0963:000000
    key = 0102030405060708091011121314
    keepalive = 1

that will be for n lines and mgcamd lines use that port or any you wish to use

[cccam]
    port = 19000,13000
    nodeid = ***********
    version = 2.1.4
    reshare = 3
    reshare_mode = 2

and you can use any port here as well just an example then in the oscam.user file thats where to add your family and friends example below

[account]
    user = cccam
    pwd = cccam
    group = 1,2,3,4 same group as the reader you want them to have
    services = !sky_uk_hd_pack anti cs

then you can add the as c or n or mg depending on which port you give them mate example below

N: yourip/dns 47111 cccam cccam 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

or

CWS = yourip/dns 47111 cccam cccam 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 AS BOTH MGCAMD LINES AND NEWCAMD LINES USE THE SAME PORT AS IN YOUR CONFIG FOR NEWCAMD ABOVE IS THE EXAMPLE

or if you want to give them cccam line its like this

C: yourip/dns 13000 cccam cccam give them the cccam port as in your config hope this helps you

• thanks maddog, that will definately help me when i come to setup, i have used a backup of openatv on vu duo2, which states it has the following installed.

CCcam 2.1.3
    CCam 2.3.0
    mgcamd
    oscam

now when i browse through softcam manager oscam is not listed but the others are, but oscamupdater is in there also for some reason ? i can only think this is because its in a different directory to the others thus why its not reading it? so im thinking i just setup the files and start oscam but telnet command? would prefer manage via softcam manager though.

any help will be appreciated.

cheers

- - - Updated - - -

am close to giving up and just sticking with CCcam.

i downloaded oscam softcam via the openvix feeds, activated it, navigated to the web interfeace and setup a server in oscam.server file, after complete it only shows as a proxy and not connected!

wow this is time consuming! ive looked it over and everything is in place, im just trying to use my box as a client via oscam rather than CCcam.

• Hi mate you should try downloading the oscam from the plugins menu on open atv i press the green button which will pull up your plugins then press green button again to download plugins go down to softcams select it near the bottom there 2 different oscams i would use the oscam-atv-emu 1.2_11209 and download that then when you go into softcam panel it should be there start it . Then i would use winscp or similar program to upload the rest of the config files needed oscam.server oscam.user oscam.config they should be in folder usr/keys/oscam_atv thats where all the config files are on my box best of luck mate

• so im still struggling, below are my configs, can you see anything wrong?

my server:

*** - oscam.config - ***
    # oscam.conf generated automatically by Streamboard OSCAM 1.20-unstable_svn SVN r11182
    # Read more: http://www.streamboard.tv/svn/…on/doc/txt/oscam.conf.txt

[global]
    logfile = /var/log/oscam.log
    nice = -1
    maxlogsize = 0
    preferlocalcards = 1
    emmlogdir = /usr/local/etc/

[newcamd]
    port = 10000@0963:000000
    keepalive = 1

[cccam]
    port = 12001
    nodeid = F1AD8AAD10C115DA
    version = 2.1.3
    reshare = 1

[webif]
    httpport = 8888
    httpuser = admin
    httppwd = admin
    httprefresh = 15
    httpallowed = 127.0.0.1,0.0.0.0-255.255.255.255

*** - oscam.user - ***

[account]
    user = linuxsat
    pwd = support
    caid = 0963
    au = 1
    group = 1
    services = sky digital (uk)

*** - oscam.server - ***

[reader]
    label = skyuk
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 0
    caid = 0963
    detect = cd
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-u = 0
    saveemm-u = 1
    blockemm-s = 0
    blockemm-unknown = 0
    blockemm-g = 0

my vu duo 2 box running OSCam r10648

*** - oscam.server - ***

[reader]
    label = remote server
    description = remote newcamd connector
    protocol = newcamd
    device = 192.168.1.2,10000
    user = linuxsat
    password = support
    group = 1

Look forward to your replies guys !

• HI Canthackit,

Yes i usually do set it as that, however for the oscam setup i don't believe that info is necessary, im really confused as yo why it wont work.

Cheers

• Hello mate,

Sorry for not replying, my head was starting to hurt, after having a break im once again attempting to get things how i want them, i want to use oscam for both my server and for my clients only, however for now im going from cccam to mgcamd and as far as i can tell its a lot more stable with less picture glitches but not all the channels clear and the next day it randomly switches itself off, requireing a restart on the softcam menu? why is this ? im going to do a fresh installon vix, can anyone advise where is the best place to download the softcams from any panels? because vix own feeds of cams don't seem stable, i have tried imajteam feeds also the same.

Many Thanks

• Hello mate,

Sorry for not replying, my head was starting to hurt, after having a break im once again attempting to get things how i want them, i want to use oscam for both my server and for my clients only, however for now im going from cccam to mgcamd and as far as i can tell its a lot more stable with less picture glitches but not all the channels clear and the next day it randomly switches itself off, requireing a restart on the softcam menu? why is this ? im going to do a fresh installon vix, can anyone advise where is the best place to download the softcams from any panels? because vix own feeds of cams don't seem stable, i have tried imajteam feeds also the same.

Many Thanks

How many Clients ? lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!