Zgemma Star 2S 'boot' problem!

There are 11 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,310 times. The last Post () by marcel1973.

• Hi there,

I recently updated my Zgemma Star 2S box, after the updates it sat there with nothing on the tv and the word 'boot' on the box, I tried turning off restarting ect ect but nothing, now the question is: Is the ''cfe-sh1-final-20141118.zip'' what I need to download onto a usb stick at attempt to repair the boot?

I have checked the forums and cannot find anything about this. The red light is on the box and the word 'boot'. I cannot get it to do anything else. Any help is extremely appreciated. Thank's

• Official Post

Hi there,

I recently updated my Zgemma Star 2S box, after the updates it sat there with nothing on the tv and the word 'boot' on the box, I tried turning off restarting ect ect but nothing, now the question is: Is the ''cfe-sh1-final-20141118.zip'' what I need to download onto a usb stick at attempt to repair the boot?

I have checked the forums and cannot find anything about this. The red light is on the box and the word 'boot'. I cannot get it to do anything else. Any help is extremely appreciated. Thank's

The cfe file is the bootloader, unless it is corrupt you should not need to flash it. Simply reflash a image as normal.

• Hi jokosat,
    not really sure how to tell or not, but as far as I know it's genuine. Markcarole, if I reflash the image will this lose all my original data and source line, ie: channels?, sorry I'm a newbie and this is the first time I have had to try anything like this.

Edited 2 times, last by Giddy: added extra info ().

• Official Post

Hi jokosat,
    if I reflash the image will this lose all my original data and source line, ie: channels?

Yes it will remove everything.. Backup your server details before you reflash, you won`t be able to retrieve it after flashing a new image..

Is there any FTP access to the box ?

Which image and softcam are you using, CCcam, mgcamd or oscam ?

• Hi Master G,
    Thank's for the quick reply. Unfortunately I am unable to backup the server as there is 'no access' to it whatsoever. TV screen is blank and on the box, no matter what I do just has a red light and 'boot' on it. Not quite sure what you mean by FTP access and I was using mgcamd. Like I said everything was completely set up for me prior to receiving it and yes, I know you totally disapprove about subs ect, but I was already involved prior to seeing and becoming a member of this site. I'll totally understand if you are unable to help me any further.

• hi just looking at the posts and i have got the same problem just got the boot up logo on the TV and on the zgemma 2s box it says boot i can turn the box off and on but it just stuck on boot anybody got any ideas

• Can you connect to the receiver using dcc or filezilla to backup your details?
    You'll probably have to reflash it to get it going again but this will wipe all your details.

- - - Updated - - -

What image were you running as some are patched to work with the zgemma's and by online updating the image, it can corrupt it.

• Hello guys I have same problem my Zgemma Star 2S .Ihave try it to install new image Opena tv and the receiver load the file so long .I swich off because I tought stuck on loading the file . Than I restart the stb and start with OPENA TV logo than nothing happen .I have try it to re-boot to re install fresh image but I hold the on./off button the box start and stuck in boot mode .Doesn" t wana to go forward to start reinstalation image . Thank you... P.S I see that I can acces the box files with Filezilla

• Hello guys ,I have same problem today 7/4/2023 with a used STB Zgemma Star S2 . To be quick I will explain how I fix it . So my box stuck on BOOT menu afeter I cut the power during instalation on Opena Tv image . After I restarted the box I cant install any more any image because the box not aloud me . I use at least 5-8 enigma2 images to un-brick the box . After long re search and stress about 8 hours I find the solution . What I did .... I use diferent usb stick I have format in FAT32 than I put image of OPENA TV on stick than I did the normal procedure to install the image on box ...You can find instalation procedure on forum ...if you need advice just ask here and I will help .I have attached the file I use to un block my ZGEMMA START S2 .

THE CONCLUSION IS TO USE DIFERENT USB STICK

GOOD LUCK !!!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!