looking for beta testers for a sat and cable custom mix plugin

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,207 times. The last Post () by pauldb.

• i have managed to create an ipk to install my latest sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml from my web server what i would like is someone to test it what this will do is swap the none working sat hd channels for vm so you only need one set of sky bouquets using Autobouquetsmaker and would like members to test it to see if the ipk downloads ok.
    This should work on any box and enigma2 image using Autobouquetsmaker

so lets download my ipk from the bottom of the post ftp it to tmp
    to install it on box

OpenATV
    Menu... setup... software management... install local extension
    memory/tmp
    Press ok on the package
    press green to install.

OpenVIX
    Menu > setup > VIX > Iplkg install or install loca extenrions
    memory/tmp
    Press ok on the package
    press green to install.

press portal and click on sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml updater you should see file downloaded press exit the press exit text is slightly cut off but i can sort that at a later date.
    you now should have a sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml file in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom.

now you need to set your bouquets
    menu>setup>service searching>Autobouquets maker> providers my recommended settings are:

sky roi: yes
    all other roi options to no
    sky uk: yes
    sky uk: area HD not custom or sd
    generate bouquets yes
    channel swap to yes
    virgin uk: yes
    virgin generate bouquets to no i have main bouquet to yes for epgrefresh

i would like to thank wooshman for helping me with the plugin masterg for helping with the ipk and jasper1974, abu baniaz and Rossi for providing the original custom file that Ive edited without these wonderful people i wouldn't have known where to start so thank you guys hopefully others can enjoy these edits

Edited 2 times, last by dsayers ().

• Use hd you'll be missing some channels

all have a look later but it doesnt look like i am
    also dont like the first bouquet HD channels as it starts at number 1 (its a missus thing)

did notice 2 mtv live hd channels in first bouquet

- - - Updated - - -

ok had a little mess around

got rid of hd channel first,my bouquets start at entertainment and numbers 101

all swaps seam to be ok with cable

still using granada custom as well

• I had a go at this but failed at the start of the process. I`m using Vu Duo2 using Blackhole 3.0.1.F and found I cannot install AutoBouquetsMaker.
    Thanx.
    bo.

master g has provided a version of abm here http://linuxsat-support.com/sh…lliance-AutoBouquetsMaker the only issue is it looks like an older version that may not be compatible with custom.xml fies

• Official Post

[MENTION=13022]bodiddly[/MENTION], you can install ABM from the BlackHole plugin server.

[MENTION=232581]dsayers[/MENTION]
    Having enigma2 in the dependencies in the control is not necessary. It forces an update of enigma2 (if one is available). So may be a good idea removing it and the fonts too.

You have lots of unnecessary tabs in your file.
    You may wish to use the layout in the attached file. There are a few number changes in a fortnight, may make things easier for you.

• thanks what do i put in dependencies

- - - Updated - - -

i think ive sorted it
    Package: enigma2-plugin-extensions-customupdater
    Version: 2
    Description: updater for the custom file
    Section: extra
    Priority: optional
    Maintainer: sayers2014
    Architecture: all
    Depends:

@pauldb can you uninstall then reinstall via the ipk

Edited 2 times, last by dsayers ().

• is there a new ipk or use the old one in post 1

• ok plugin installs great on the alien2

did a scan with ABM and took a while to scan but looks like it worked

cant give enough thanks for this

- - - Updated - - -

ok problem,on first scan im getting timeout reading pat etc on the cable channels ,this happened last time and had to rescan and i got my channels back

dont know why though

- - - Updated - - -

ok great working again

2nd scan with ABM worked,havent a clue why,but incase others have same problem

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!