VuCC can't use ip adress starting with 10.x.x.x ?

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,650 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• Tried connecting, but all I'm getting is ip adress is incorrect, open webif gets in though... not sure what the problem is here, only thing is, as I mentioned in title, that the ip adress is 10.x.x.x and not a 192 starter.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Edited 3 times, last by therogue: typo+needed to ask for help too xD ().

• good morning it is backup image ? have you try to disable DHCP and put manual ip ? if work with 192.xxxxxxx try to put back DHCP enable don't forget to do full reboot each time .

No, it was a fresh image, for now I will manage with filezilla, I'm new to this so I'm sure there is plenty I need to learn before messing around with DHCP etc

• is the box connected directly to the router through lan?
    Which image are you trying?
    Which router/hub are you connecting to?
    You need to give as much info as possible to be able to eliminate possibilities/probabilities...

• All you need is all your devices to be in the same IP address range (your computer and your receiver).
    Is not important in which Class but the same Class and for your computer with a right mask.
    The Private IP Adresses (for local nets) are
    Class A 10.0.0.0-10.255.255.255 (16777216 addresses)
    Class B 172.16.0.0-172.31.255.255 (1048576 addresses)
    Class C 192.168.0.0 -192.168.255.255 (65536 addresse)
    My router address is 10.0.0.138 and of course the DHCP will distribute addresses from a pool of 254 addresses to every device in my local net (Ipad, Android devices, Computers and satellite receivers)
    My computer will receive an address in this range because my net card is configurated with a mask of 255.255.255.0.
    Usually i use DCC and never even heard about VuCC but i found it and downloaded 0.4b version. I saw it use Filezila to connect to FTP and you need one more time in Filezila to enter the host IP address (in normal mode as 10.0.0.39) the user, the password and the PORT (21 for FTP)
    VuCC is very simple. All you have is to enter the receiver address (you must know it) and to enter the receiver address as 010.000.000.039 or 010.000.000.100
    Most routers use the Class C 192.168... but others (as mine use Class A 10.0.... and is no difference, all you need is to have all the devices you want to connect in the same range.
    I was able to connect to every one of my dreamboxes (one having a static address and the others dynamic addresses received from the DHCP.
    So again, all you need is to enter the address of you receiver in this strange format with leading zeros.

Edited once, last by D800SE ().

• jokosat i don't know why you want to change, A or C doesn't matter but this is the way (at your own risk)

1. Connect to your router. You need the user name (usually admin or Admin) fill the password (if you changed it) or use the default (usually admin or Admin). The default is specified in the router manual. You see my router is a D-Link.
    2. Select Local Network from menu.
    3. Change 10.0.0.138 to let say 192.168.0.1 and don't modify the Subnet Mask. If you want a start and an end IP Address for DHCP server give something between 192.168.0.2 and 192.168.0.254. As you can see i use a range between 32 and 64 and this is more than you need in a small local net but a small pool will be searched faster so you can reduce it and begin with 2. DCC search from 1 to 255 and will find imediatelly your devices but you can change the DCC search interval too.
    4. And of course don't forget to use Apply/Save before exiting the router configuration.

I fyou have any device configured with static address change it to the same net class preferable outside of you DHCP pool.
    After router configuration every device including your computer need to receive an address from DHCP before connecting. Restart the Network in Enigma, check the address and look at the Gateway (must be the same as your new router address).

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!