Sky Q & Multiroom

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,394 times. The last Post () by jim1985.

• Alright guys I got a we question for any one with sky q or there multiroom or any one any info. Im looking to get it in for UHD for the footy. If I get it in do i have to replace my multiroom boxes with there boxes ( Mini I think you call them) I don't want to upgrade as I take it to the caravan with me. And if i do have to replace them are the multiroom boxes network based so if I'm right when my net goes down it means no multiform boxes is that correct . So in other words I really would like sky q in the living room and keep my old sky hd boxes as multiroom anyone know if it can be done

• I think the only way you would get the proper answer is to contact Sky themselves bud..... they do like thier money so i would say that having Sky Q as your main viewing sky box and then keeping the multiroom system for your other rooms could be a possibility.

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• As far as I'm aware, Sly Q main box uses a different type of lnb (wide band lnb).
    The Q multiroom boxes stream from the main one (no lnb input as far as I'm aware)
    You'll probably need two dishes to keep your existing setup, one for each (unless they have come up with some type of hybrid lnb, which is quite possible as I'd imagine your situation would be very common)
    Give em a buzz and they'll put you straight.

• im sure its ta ta to 2nd box as std sly Q lets you steam to another device via wifi so it will conect to smart tv / ipad ect ect

dont quote me on it but im 80% sure yah multi room box is now obsolete in there eyes , probs so they can monitor more
    and it will be interesting to see how it connects to such devices and if it can be integrated to Xbmc/Kodi devices

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• cannot have skyq & sky multiroom on same address

think you can have sky q main box & no more than two mini running at same time wireless networked

example

The sky silver (main box) I would have that in your main living room especially if your main TVs is a 4K one because the silver box will at some point will have a 4K and tv channel on it also the mini boxes get there own tv tuner inside the sky silver box so you can record different programs on them you can have a maximum of 2 mini's to a silver box so I'd put them in 2nd living room and bedroom (mini boxes are 1080p only)

sky q silver box = 1 mini add second mini = £99

• like i said be interesting to see how it connects to 2nd stb wireless also the silver stb will allow to a smart tv and tablet from what ive heard
    on ts own for the magical 12 bucks , when did boxsets cost coin on slygo ? and the new sly Q stb never belongs to you either so they must be doing free swap outs for eva on em like vermin

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• sky q silver box can record 4 channels watch another you can connect 4 mini box to main silver box but can only use two at same time

watch whats recorded on main silver box on the mini unless changed wireless connection only no lnb on the mini

totally networked

• like i said be interesting to see how it connects to 2nd stb wireless also the silver stb will allow to a smart tv and tablet from what ive heard
    on ts own for the magical 12 bucks , when did boxsets cost coin on slygo ?

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• cheers mate for that info told me i could only have one system the twats

- - - Updated - - -

it aint a cheap set up though lol & still has its limitations additional mini boxes are £99 each & can only use two at same time (shocking)

• The hybrid lnb is definitely an option (allegedly at an extra cost to yourself), but as far as I know the hybrid lnb is only so you can keep existing Freesat type equipment connected as well.
    As far as I know they will not allow you to have a Sky Q subscription AND a Sky+ type subscription on the same account.

Don't take this as absolute gospel though as I don't know 100% but this is what I believe from reading around on various sources

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!