Am I going in the right direction ?

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,415 times. The last Post () by codar.

• :cheers:I have just been using this wonderful Tutorial;

http://linuxsat-support.com/sh…ighlight=tvheadendhttp://

But seeing that my dish is pointed in the direction of Astra 19.2 E, I couldn't find any Oscam Configs, to prove if I was going in the direction in reference to the 'guide'..

As you can guess I am new to the game & assumed that if i amended OSCAM with the relavent details that the magic should work, but his does not seem to be the case.

Could someone be kind enough to provide a Oscam config for the direction of my Sat please, just to see if all is well, before I seek the deep end..

(I just to add her below, because looks HOT!!)

:welcome-linuxsat:

• The thread you are pointing to is for a wetek play box.
    You say 19.2º configuration, but there are so many platforms,sky Germany, movistar Spain, C+ france,etc... ,each with their own configuration ( impossible for some N3)
    So you need to be more specific for which card you want to set up.

• Thanks for the swift reply, Cazeula.

Sorry I forgot to mention earlier, that I'm using a Wetek Box, with Headend TV Server & Client, alongside OSCAM.

Aftersome reading between the lines, I thought amending the OSCAM, as per tutorial would be the way forward.

Right now I'll take anything, just to see if I 'm going right. So if you have Sky Germany or Movistar Spain config, I'll take it.
    I'm just checking to see if all is well, as I have yet to have a sucesful viewing by my dish (long story) so I'm hoping this route is the correct one.

• good morning , still confuse ??????can you explain simple please .

Right now I'll take anything, just to see if I 'm going right. So if you have Sky Germany or Movistar Spain config, I'll take it.?????????????????????????????????????????

do you have any card on your server ? or you just want c line if your oscam reader open chanels if yes let as know .

- - - Updated - - -

do you know where you dish is pointed ?????

• Dish is pointing in region of Artra / Hotbird..so the Engineer told me..

Maybe it is me misunderstanding how this App reader works.. My understanding is that you enter in details that is related to something like this;

[reader]
    label = Reader-0
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 0
    mhz = 480
    cardmhz = 369
    caid = 0100
    detect = cd
    ident = 0100:000000,00006A
    group = 1
    auprovid = 00006A
    emmcache = 1,1,2

But it has to be related to a Provider that can be picked up from your satelitte..

• ok, sorry to stress everyone on this point.

I thought that if I had access to Oscam & with TV Headend configured as per tutorial, with the 'source details' applied to OSCAM, then I would be able to see something right ? Or Wrong ?

• no you need line and you need exactly to know where your dish is pointed or astra 19.2 est or hotbird ?? can you do scan ?

- - - Updated - - -

if you are novice , better to put enigma 2 image in sd card

- - - Updated - - -

it is wetek play ?

• Official Post

If you are just looking to check all is well on that satellite view some FTA channels, you don`t need oscam for that..

If you are looking to view premium encrypted channels you need a real card or a connection to a server that has one.

Without either of the above it wouldn`t matter which oscam configs you used, no premium content would be viewable..

• I thought I had a server of some sort under the disguise of TV Headend. I even tried Linux VDR.

I don't have a card of any sort.

Somehow I thought by using certain software, i should be able to watch some basic TV (normal Wetek service) at first & then decrypt some scrambled channels. (With the aid of Linux VDR client or something similar)

But I have got so close yet, far. So please help..

• You'll be able to watch the free to air channels, as for decrypting some channels without a card or share, this is not possible on astra 28.2 (main satellite serving UK needs).
    There are however some other channels on some other satellites that can be viewed with the aid of keys.
    If those interest you, a motorized satellite dish setup is probably the best route to go down as not all are located on the one satellite.
    This thread will give you an idea of what opens with keys and on which satellites.
    http://linuxsat-support.com/sh…112231-SoftCam-by-Serjoga

- - - Updated - - -

As for iptv, that's a whole other story as it isn't received from satellite, only streamed from the internet.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!