VU solo 4k can't get tuner B to work

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,446 times. The last Post () by abu baniaz.

• Hello, so I'm not a pro...In case I am making a blatant mistake sorry for that.

I have 4 "heads" on my dish ending into our living room to one cable, I plugged this directly into the solo 4k, tuner A - A/B/C/D... All good.
    Installed a HDD and reckoned time to put the second tuner to use... bought a satellite signal splitter. Placed two cables from that and into the respective slots on the dual tuner on the solo 4k.

Tuner A...all good....Tuner B which I set up with the same positions as A...Not so much :/

Tuner A has
    A:0.8W
    B:28.2E
    C:19.2E
    D:13E

If i put the same to tuner B...and start recording something, It lets me switch,but no picture, and from what I can see, no signal... Hope I made myself understood and that someone is able to help me out here

• You cannot split a satellite signal its a big no-no, for tuner B to actually receive the same as tuner A you need another feed from your dish and from the looks of it you have a diseqc switch so if you want to have all available satellites that you have on Tuner A you need to swap out all four Single feed LNB's for at least Twin feed LNB's and then install another diseqc switch with another feed down to your Solo 4K

Edited once, last by digi247 ().

• You mean the Splitter that came with the Solo4K that is primarily for use with a Unicable/SCR LNB and not standard LNB's which you probably have on the end of your Dish

It didn't come with the Solo4K, I have an identical thing as this one http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/150733606016-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

If I am getting it right, that's just a single LNB splitter, but I will need one which splits the signal of Unicable ? or is that going to do the same thing and not work

Edited once, last by therogue ().

• Official Post

You can only split signal from unicable lnb. Pretty sure you can't use the unicable lnb on diseqc switches (you can use the legacy port).

Best to run another cable and use another diseqc switch.

EDIT:

Your setup will then look like this (diagram only shows two LNBs but principle is teh same for three/four

• My dish looks like this

out of which I get one unicable(?) into the living room, cant I place a

to be able to utilize LNB2 on the Solo4K ?
    I noticed that the Mhz is different on this one,and the one I previously tried and which lead me to make this thread. Could that be the issue ? Sorry if this is pretty obvious to you guys

Edited once, last by therogue: Needed to rephrase ().

• Official Post

A unicable LNB is a special LNB and they are not cheap. (They are well worth it if you have a receiver with an FBC tuner like the Solo 4k.) You are unlikely to have one if you have an old setup.

That diagram is meant to indicate LNBs aimed at different satellites. It does not matter if the LNBs are on one dish or several. Situation is the same.

Whichever way you look at it, you will have to run a cable to make the most of your receiver. You can swap the standard LNB to a unicable LNB and then use a splitter , but you will lose usage of the other LNBs.

You can still use internal loopthrough, but you will be tied to the same quadrant as being used on the main tuner.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!