Tuner Failed

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 781 times. The last Post () by canthackit.

• Hello
    I don't record hardly ever, don't even bother to put HDD's in my box's, but i wanted to watch/record the chelsea v liverpool game on hispasat earlier this morning.
    So i found an old 80gb HDD i had laying around wopped it in the box formatted and mounted it all ok.
    Then I looked around and searched and searched some more, I could find no info on how to record, yep! I forgot how to do that simple task it's been a long time since I needed to.
    Anyways once i'd found out how to timer record i set about the task... i didn't know there were options for recording at the time but there is zap/record or zap and record.
    Although I have 2 tuners connected only 1 is enabled tuner A which is the motorised one, so the settings I selected were the channel i wanted Chelsea TV, it was on record so left it at that, and chose the start/finish times.

The dish btw was on 19.2 but I left it there thinking that come the start time it would automatically select the Sat and channel and record........wrong! got up this morning and found "Tune Failed"
    So what is the correct procedure for timer recording please, now i've got a HDD disk in the box and while these pre-season early morning KO's are on i'll probably like to take the opportunity and record some more.

Blimey I'm reall y really sorry about the long winded post, I did'nt realise I was wittering on so much.

Oh yeah forgot to mention don't know if it makes any difference but using the Boss's BH 0.6 image.

Apologies and best regards: canthackit

- - - Updated - - -

22 veiwings and looks like i'm not the only dummie

- - - Updated - - -

nope
    didn't work again tried the Spuds V Atletico Madrid 11:00AM this morning, "Tune Failed" when I got home.

just checked again it was still recording at 1:00 PM but recorded nothing, it had selected the channel but not the Sat, the dish was still pointing at 19.2E, so does this mean then that I have to leave it on the desired Sat and not expect it to move there automatically?

regard: canthackit

Edited once, last by canthackit: Forgot to mention ().

• "22 veiwings and looks like i'm not the only dummie"

Going to be honest here.... comments like that will not encourage other members to provide help or an answer to your problem bud. You have to realise that some members just like to browse/view threads out of curiosity to see what they are about.

Anyway what are your settings for your preferred tuner to record on? In the main menu select setup then customise (i think, doing this from memory) in there you should have a option for preferred tuner (auto is usually the default setting) and then also you might also have a option for preferred tuner for recordings....

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Aha god bless you man.

it's setup>system>customise........................but hey it was easy to find once you'd told me lol, and yes it was set to auto, i've set "prefered tuner" and "prefered tuner for recording" both to A.

hopefully that should sort it now.

thanks and best regards: canthackit

• master G

Added the Label Kodi Support

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!