can`t FTP to box since updating image

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,081 times. The last Post () by kemestri.

• Hi, i have a vu zero and have updated the image from openatv 4.2 to the latest 5.3.
    since doing so i can no longer FTP to the box.
    I understand that usually there is no password necessary (just leave blank)
    if i do that the box connects using DCC but there are no files in the left hand pane.
    if i go back to the older image all is ok (whatever password i use) but i need the newer one as cross epg has stopped working.

i have also a formuler F3 box and the results are exactly the same if i update to the latest openatv.
    I have also telnet to the box to change passwd but it says server has logged out wrong password.
    can anyone please advise what to do here.
    thanks

• When you telnet up to box and it logged you out with wrong passwd, did you use root as user?
    Also have you tried SSH port 22?

I only use putty myself so I cannot comment on dcc, and as for FTP I only use filezilla & I know from experience when I loggin to some images I have to go up a level by clicking on the folder icon to see root with all its content.

Also have you downloaded a preconfigured image, the user/passwd maybe different to a default image.

• thanks for replying to my question.
    i did resolve the issue by using filezilla so i know that the password i was using was correct.
    i have now encounted the problem with three boxes vu zero, solo2 and formuler f3.
    all work fine when flashed with openatv 5.1 but cannot connect when the are flashed with 5.3.
    so my conclusion is that there must be something different in the structure of the openatv image that prevents dcc connecting

VU+ ZERO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!