Wiring up stb etc the right Please advise lol ??

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 868 times. The last Post () by carmine.

• Hi Guys,

I want to sort out my wiring behind stb tv etc, let me explain my set up i have -

TV , Spiderbox stb , dvd player and receiver for wireless cameras round house and a 4 way booster for other tellys around house.

what is best way to wire up ie where to put aerial lead etc ( main one)
    I also want to be able to watch channels off TV either through stb or freeview channels on TV ie football match through my dvd player which has speakers surround sound ?

Cheers
    carmine

• Aerial lead as normal into your TV aerial port!
    Depending on what you use the most often put the Spider or the DVD player onto HDMI -1 of your TV!
    HDMI -2 put on whatever you didnt put on HDMI -1!
    Means HDMI -1 should AUTO take over from HDMI -2 when you switch it on!
    Do a normal tune on your TV to access the Wireless camera channels!

• Its all down to budget and what you really want to achieve ! is it a flatscreen tv in the front room ? are the others fltscreens ? Have you ever heard of AV lynx systems and cat5e distribution ! it costs a few quid buts its well worth the effort if within the budget you set ?

It really is very difficult to advise exactly what to put where carmine with out actualy seeing and knowing what combination of INs and OUTs your system comprises of ?

Sorry to be vague

in basic terms your looking for optical audio out on ya TV to go to optical input in on the Surround amp(if they have those in/outs)
    OR
    Audio out of the Tv to AUX in of the surround amp

Both of the above will result in whatever picture is being shown on the tv audio should be coming from the amp provided its set to Aux/optical in ect as per connection you use !

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• dont know what to do for the best lol.
    i may ask a good mate of mine who does aerial fittings, I have my motorised sat and aerial ofcorse, is everyone else on here with other tvs in house use there sat as a feed or the main aerial and if so have you all changed to digital aerials ?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!