Problem turning off media streaming ident

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,337 times. The last Post () by Prophet.

• Official Post

Hey all, not very often I ask for help and this is probably something simple I am missing, I will try my best to explain my minor but annoying issue

I have a Panasonic smart tv (brand is not really relevant) which I use for all my media playback, streaming via kodi on my laptop is the main use

When entering my media center on the tv it keeps showing me 2 separate servers, 1 is the Kodi on my laptop (this is the one I want to keep) and 2 is vusolo2: root

It is the vusolo2: root that I want to remove (stop streaming)...

I have never setup xbmc on my solo2, but have now fully removed it from the settings and via ftp deleting the folders for xbmc and a dlna folder which I thought might remove it, but nope

I have tried searching both here and on google but cannot find a solution to it, in fact I have a friend who has the same receiver and the same problem and cannot remove it either

Edit... I am using Blackhole image

• Official Post

Have a look in your router for an option / setting for dlna servers.... you might be able to disable it from there.

thank you, i will take a look

edit: sadly nothing in the HH5 (that i can find) to turn off DLNA for specific devices, or otherwise

guess we will just have to live with it

seems a shame though as never had this on earlier BH releases

• Have you tried to remove the server plugins/addons from your blackhole image?
    Think it's called mediatomb (UPnP) or minidlna
    Backup your image first though as it may break something if they are removed (never tried it myself)
    You probably won't have access to your hdd from any device on your network afterwards though (may also disable tuner server if you have it set up)

• Official Post

Have you tried to remove the server plugins/addons from your blackhole image?
    Think it's called mediatomb (UPnP) or minidlna
    Backup your image first though as it may break something if they are removed (never tried it myself)
    You probably won't have access to your hdd from any device on your network afterwards though (may also disable tuner server if you have it set up)

thanks codar, I will take a look shortly at this, I am pretty sure I didn't see that installed but am not 100% certain, so will take a look

I only use the receiver as a client box, so fingers crossed any removal shouldn't kill anything for me

really appreciate the response

edit: none of that was installed, i am totally stumped now, guess no way to switch it off, thanks for trying anyway

• Try this:
    menu -black hole apps - black hole speed up and scroll down to second page, here you can disable minidlna server (if installed).
    This may resolve your problem (or not).

• Could you not block the TV's IP address from accessing the Solo2?
    I'm not near an E2 box to try this out on but it should be something like this:

Find out IP address of TV
    Telnet in to Solo2
    Issue following command:

Code
    route add -host IP-ADDRESS reject

IP-ADDRESS = TV's IP address

Like I say I'm not sure if this will work or not, but it's certainly what I would try first

Failing that, give the following command a try:

Code
    ip route add blackhole from IP-ADDRESS

Edited once, last by jim1985 ().

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!