Motorized system help

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 914 times. The last Post () by fevgatos.

• Hi everyone,

I have a 2m dish with a 36v motor installed 20 years ago which has been unused for 15 years. I've reconnected the coax cable and i get signal, just need to point the dish to get better signal, so lnb is still working.

Now i need some advice on the motor setup which i don't the make/model:

1 - I don't have the original STB so i will hook it to my Wetek Play, i've been reading around and i think i need a Moteck VBox-II to move the dish. Is this correct or is there a better alternative? I'm supposing the motor still works which might not be the case.

2 - Can someone please share a diagram on how to test if the motor is still working without the VBox?

Sorry if i'm asking really dumb questions but it's too much info for someone who just got started.

Regards.

• You will need a V-Box to drive the Actuator on the dish if it is still working 15 years unused could have caused any known issues with water ingress in the actuator, your best bet is to take off the actuator and give it some TLC. Take apart and clean and then grease the internal drive spindle.

if it still works you will need 4 core motor cable connected to the actuator and then the other end in the V-Box and away you go.

There are only four connections on the actuator and the V-Box these are Motor+ Motor- Sensor+ Sensor- make sure you connect these correctly and corresponding each other before use

• Thanks for your help.

Just a quick question if i need a new motor is there any usals motor for the big dish size?

• Thanks for your help.

Just a quick question if i need a new motor is there any usals motor for the big dish size?

No mate , USALS motor can hold till up 1.2 m dish and it be nice to be aluminium ,for your size and up we need heavy duty actuator,

regards Nick

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!