help! No signal with motorized dish- VU+4k

There are 26 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,350 times. The last Post () by meyouall.

• Official Post

Yes you could mate, if one half on that lnb sat dead center in the dish, use that side of it to do your setup work. Good luck

• Hahahahah hahahahah very nice , yeah i send the video on pm ,have look it ,but if you need me to help,then we can find one day this week i can help you everything from beginning, if ok i will give my email and we sort out no prob nothing cost ,i am happy to help ,let me know

regards Nick

• Hej guys!

Today I had some time to play with the satellite system. Nick, thank you for the link. I followed the video step by step except for the part where they attached a satellite meter to fine tune the signal. i dont have such a meter.
    I STILL have issues. I get nothing on signal strength and signal quality. I must say that a few days ago I tried fixing it and i got like 13 channels on Astra 19.2 then in order to improve the signal quality i slowly moved the dish. I saw like 2% improvement in signal strength and signal quality jumped from 0 to 20% but when i tried to slowly rotate the motor on the pole. I lost all those signals. As instructed in the video and elsewhere I didn't loose the bolts which attached the dish to the motor, so the dish was firmly attached to the motor.

Now, not only i have no signal whatsoever but also when i move the dish with the receiver (USAL method) for example to HOTBIRD 13.0E the motor takes it to 10.0E, like 3 degrees shorter. The same with other satellites. I did a reset on the motor, that didn't help. Besides my solo 4k, My LG tv got a tuner as well, even with that the motor doesnt move to the position which it receives from the tuner. I should say that right before this problem, I readjusted everything (elevation, declination etc). Previously I had set the latitude on the motor at 51 (with decimals it is 51.8258). So this time i rounded off this number to 52 and the decimals of the longitude from ,69 to ,7 and adjusted the motor accordingly. could this be causing this craziness?

I have uploaded some photos to let you guys see if i have done things correctly when it comes to the hardware part. Here is the link: https://imageshack.com/a/McFM/1

Edited once, last by meyouall ().

• set motor to 0 ok then move dish .0.1west sky new chl if can move via recvier? have got feq sky nes in reciver? if you have use that chl turn tv up loud n move up down on dish move l/right slowley bud strong sigal on 1west should get sigal bout 70/80% when get noise tv going in house see % then go back out move dish slity up n down thats how i do then cladullay get other sats in line...

• set motor to 0 ok then move dish .0.1west sky new chl if can move via recvier? have got feq sky nes in reciver? if you have use that chl turn tv up loud n move up down on dish move l/right slowley bud strong sigal on 1west should get sigal bout 70/80% when get noise tv going in house see % then go back out move dish slity up n down thats how i do then cladullay get other sats in line...

how do i first fix the issue of the motor which rotates beyond the given command from the receiver?

• can you get 1west pal rest motor with pin underneath motor that rest evething start fresh move dish to 1w when get 1west ? should get 90-%above mark on dish where mortor is with felt tip pen mark elev etc pole level stright etc if get sorted move dish to 39est see get that then send to west one chl on sport tv strong sigal

• Issue solved!

***Solution***
    - replaced the duo quad lnb with a single lnb.
    - removed the splitter. directly connected the lnb to the motor and motor with the receiver with coax cable.
    - aimed the dish and motor in one single line towards true south which i found through dishpointer dot com. True south is extremely importanted!!!!!!
    - had to correct my elevation (of the dish) from 22.5 (calculated based on the manual) to 23 degrees as shown in dishpointer website and this is the elevation which helps in giving good signal.
    - The deviation caused by the motor (as stated in some of my posts in this thread) were caused because i hadn't aimed the whole system to due/true south and of course because my location isn't at 0 degrees longitude.

I hope my experience and this thread will help others who (may) have issues as i had.
    I thank everyone who supported and helped me here!!!

Cheers!!

Edited once, last by meyouall ().

VU+ SOLO 4K PVR ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver UHD 2160p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!