Zgemma-Star S Motor Problems

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,256 times. The last Post () by jenseneverest.

• I have got 2 Zgemma-Star S boxes...my big problem is that the neither of these will not turn the motor, I have it set up for usuals as simple, positioner, longitude and lattitude are set correctly and I have the latest Vhannibal motorised settings in the box....I have setup lots of boxes in the past with these settings but somehow the dish refuses to move....the motor is working 100% and I can get all other brands of boxes to work with the same setup as above. I have tried this with 2 different openATV images, Openvix and PLI, I have changed power supply, different setting files and still nothing. Does anyone else have a problem with moving the dish with these boxes? Thank you.

• Official Post

Thanks m8....saw that earlier but did not solve my problem

There is something wrong with some motors and the Zgemma range, my box works fine on 2 motors but others have issues.
    These are my posts from the other forum....

I have attached a very basic openATV backup just with a channel list and correct tuner settings, so download, extract with winzip or similar and flash your box
    Then edit the lat and long to yours, and save with green button (the above screenshots are fictional, i actually live on mars)
    Reboot box
    test motor by changing channels to various sats that you can receive.

I then got this reply

I flashed the box with your file and inserted my own co-ordinates...still saying it is turning the motor bit the motor is not moving..when I open tuner config where the long/lat settings are and press yellow button I can see mode as advanced and allows this to be changed to usuals setting but does not store the setting, each time I go out and back in its goes back to advanced default. I don't know if the problem is there as your file reads the same.

My reply

So to sum up....
    Try the backup, and report back.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!