Improve ECM Times?

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 11,532 times. The last Post () by markeh.

• Hi,

Apologies if this is silly but I'm just getting started with cardsharing and I'm trying to find the answers to a few things.

Basically I helped a mate setup a cs server with ubuntu and cccam 2.2.1 in his house. It's just to share between a group of friends so we were happy enough to have it working and didn't really bother to look into optimising anything.

I don't know if it's because I live a bit further away than the rest but my ecm time seems a little high and I get regular really annoying breakup's. I'm fairly sure it's my isp/wireless that are the cause, but before I look into that any further is there anything I can do on my end to lower ecm times?

I'm using cccam 2.3.0, the ecm time is always around 450ms but during breakups I can see the times spike to 2-4 seconds which is what makes me believe it is more to do with my connection than any settings.

I had a quick google and there are a few things on the server end which can be done which we will probably try at some stage, but at the client end does anyone have any recommendations?

Any advice would be great :smile:

• Official Post

Very little you can do at the client end to improve ecm, other than limiting the bandwidth thats being used on your own network by other devices, this should`nt really be needed if you have a decent internet connection.

On the server end you can add smartcard clock frequency to CCCam.cfg which will improve ECM time.

Code
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3750000
  • Very little you can do at the client end to improve ecm, other than limiting the bandwidth thats being used on your own network by other devices, this should`nt really be needed if you have a decent internet connection.

On the server end you can add smartcard clock frequency to CCCam.cfg which will improve ECM time.

Code
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3750000

Yea, there's actually nothing else using any bandwidth bar this laptop browsing this site, I don't think the vu+ box is agreeing with the wireless dongle so I might try some sort of wired connection.

What is the default frequency of the reader? It's a smargo one from what I recall, is there any danger to reader or card from increasing the frequency?
    I also read about putting the reader in a powered usb hub to speed things up, I'm not sure why it would work, but does it make a big difference?

Thanks for the reply, I'll maybe sneak on to his server with teamviewer later and make a little change or two

• Official Post

I just re-read your post and realised you are using ubuntu and smargo, so smartcard clocck frequency will be set on the smargo with the update utility, then add this line in CCcam.cfg.

Code
    SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/ttyUSB0 3750000

What is the default frequency of the reader? It's a smargo one from what I recall, is there any danger to reader or card from increasing the frequency?

FREQ 3.69 Mhz works well with your card.

I also read about putting the reader in a powered usb hub to speed things up, I'm not sure why it would work, but does it make a big difference?

Powered hub will make some differance, every little helps when you are having issues.

• I agree it is my internet connection, but virgin xl is pretty good. It's likely to be the wireless router or usb dongle - just incase it helps anyone my belkin F5D7050(v3) isn't great with the vu+ solo.

I may as well try to get the smargo reader as fast as possible and try some homeplugs. Also maybe pickup an omnikey reader to try in the future. Thanks everyone.

• i dont like wireless mate.

if possible before all else use an ethernet cable see how that runs, i've just gone back to VM 30mg rock steady but oscam slow things down on the server but if running CCcam 230 alone i get 88 ms very rarely higher. thats with $$$.uk sub

hope this helps.

regards: canthackit

• Yea you're totally right, I would have a wired connection going around the house if I could.

network cable > homeplugs > wireless N > wireless G

I literally just changed to a cheapo chinese wireless N adapter with a hilarious directional antenna that looks like a little satellite dish, the ecm time has halved and not a breakup yet. Bargain!

CCcam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for CCcam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!