Want to add 2 TV's to to s*y boxes ??

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,135 times. The last Post () by codar.

• OK guys hope someone can help ?
    Friend has a pub with 2 s*y HD boxes that at the moment run 3 TV's in establishment , I need to add 2 more TVs what would be easiest way to do this please advise asap ??

Sent from my Elephone P8000 using Tapatalk

• hi ok not shure about original sly box but you have 3 tv conected tv1 >tv2>tv3>...............................normaly you have to umplug the last one from rf tv add switch 2 aout 1 feed tv3 > and tv 4 and repeat same operation for tv 5

and scan the tv 4 and 5 .

depend on the instalation from the 2 box should have modulators with switch out 3 feeding tv1>tv2>tv3 ??? then change switch to 6 out or 8 out if you feed only 5 tvs from 6/out the empty have to close by small clip rf .

hope that help you . but before check the instalation how the 3 tvs get signal.

• OK I will but they are day definitely s*y HD boxes

use HDMI splitter and such devices nah ? not sure if scart can also be picked up via VIDEO SCART PORT ;)
    but should be able to ;) ;) then use a scart spliter on other stb then each TV can get HDMI and SCART on each
    is the simplest and prob easiest solution depending on distance from devices :)

hope it helps

PM for support 0nly with a Link to Y0ur
    P05t w1Th Wat5 up 0r 155u3 thaT5
    B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)
    much <3 th0ugh in d0 a5 Ab0v3
    1n Wh3n 533N r3plY n PM n 58PP0rt G1v3n ;)

"I'm against Piracey so please DONT ATTACK SHIPS"
    :p

• use HDMI splitter and such devices nah ? not sure if scart can also be picked up via VIDEO SCART PORT ;)
    but should be able to ;) ;) then use a scart spliter on other stb then each TV can get HDMI and SCART on each
    is the simplest and prob easiest solution depending on distance from devices :)

hope it helps

One of the TVs is quite close but other is other side of room [emoji19]

• Rf modulators can be used for this to provide as many tv,s that you require but the picture quality will be in analogue format...picture quality should be ok tbh if the modulator/wiring and amplifier is setup correctly although if HD is required on all tv,s which i would want if it was my pub then hdmi splitters are required...5 way hdmi spitters will work but again will depend on the quality of the powered splitter used as they can be problematic and also very expensive... quality/brands of hdmi cables is also a major factor including lenghts used...10 meters max really but i have heard of systems using longer lenghts working ok

• One of the TVs is quite close but other is other side of room [emoji19]

can get large hdmi cables and long 3 pin yellow red/white (these can be turned into scart very easily enough at mult switch end ) ir required thiner cables on scart side of things

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment he has 2 s*y boxes working 3 tvs

yeah or both boxes need to hit 3 tv's whats the want @OP

- - - Updated - - -

Rf modulators can be used for this to provide as many tv,s that you require but the picture quality will be in analogue format...picture quality should be ok tbh if the modulator/wiring and amplifier is setup correctly although if HD is required on all tv,s which i would want if it was my pub then hdmi splitters are required...5 way hdmi spitters will work but again will depend on the quality of the powered splitter used as they can be problematic and also very expensive... quality/brands of hdmi cables is also a major factor including lenghts used...10 meters max really but i have heard of systems using longer lenghts working ok

can also use eithernet to HDMI converters they will give upto 200meters full Hd ;)
    and very usefull for long distances from the HDMI splitter as easily hidden cat5 cable is :)

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• ok this pub run 3 tvs

OK guys hope someone can help ?
    Friend has a pub with 2 s*y HD boxes that at the moment run 3 TV's in establishment , I need to add 2 more TVs what would be easiest way to do this please advise asap ??

you have to follow the instalation existing if he need to add 2 tvs have to know witch instalation he have before add modulator spliter hdmi ..ect

this is verry important

• There are a couple of ways to do this , hdmi matrix, rf modulation / distribution etc
    For good picture quality, I'd consider daisy chaining two of these (if the tv's have freeview/digital tuners)
    http://www.world-of-satellite.…HD-Distribution-over-Coax
    You'll need to feed the output from the second hdmi modulator into a distribution amplifier/splitter and run your coax from that to the respected tv's.
    You'll then have hdmi picture quality over coax cable with the option of injecting an aerial feed for freeview, all with one single coax run to tv's.
    Receiver 1 on one channel, receiver 2 on 2nd channel and freeview on 3rd-4th 5th....etc etc..
    A good tutorial for daisy chaining them can be found here

Code
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vk-_FGZguI
  • Tkyou codar

but in this case have to lock at the existing installation as is already 3 tv working and need to follow the same setup .he just want to add 2 tv .

Is that make sense ? So need info from the existing instalation

{was my job for more then 10 years }

• You'll need to feed the output from the second hdmi modulator into a distribution amplifier/splitter and run your coax from that to the respected tv's.

whats your suggestion on these ?
    andon a sidenote agood distribution dvb-s2+T2 that can take a few sat inputs and send to other stb's the various sat's and freeveiwHD to sat min of 6 stb boxes ?

B33N ....... P05T3D

0D3R PATCH3D 3H ;)

• Honcho thats is for new inst to send signal free to air and t2 dvbc hd . Catvs small bulding flat .

Nothing to do to send pictures and audio from stb to tvs .

************question is to add 2 tvs to existing installation already feeding 3 tvs from the 2 stb , witch men need more info from him ?

- - - Updated - - -

ABOUT THE EXISTING INSTALLATION

but in this case have to lock at the existing installation as is already 3 tv working and need to follow the same setup .he just want to add 2 tv .

If the op's already running coax, it's a relatively cheap upgrade to hd with the added advantage of adding more displays to his existing installation. (but we'll never know unless he posts about his existing installation)

whats your suggestion on these ?
    andon a sidenote agood distribution dvb-s2+T2 that can take a few sat inputs and send to other stb's the various sat's and freeveiwHD to sat min of 6 stb boxes ?

This is only a dvb-t modulator, it takes the hdmi output from a stb and converts it to dvb-t which can be distributed via coax, akin to freesat, which can be tuned in by the tv's tuner (if a digital mpeg4 tuner is present in the tv, ie freeview capable tuner)
    One modulator per hdmi input (stb)

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!