sly tv crack down on pubs

There are 33 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,000 times. The last Post () by tricky.

• THIS HAS BEEN TAKEN FROM ANOTHER FORUM

*** begins pub crackdown

*** is signaling a new hardline approach to pubs using foreign satellite services for Premier League football with ads in the licensing trade press warning of a campaign of prosecutions.

The approach follows a court judgment earlier this month in which said use of foreign decoders to show Premier League games does breach ***’s copyright in its graphics and all aspects of its presentation.

As a warning of what is to come, an Essex landlord was this month ordered to pay more than £19,000 (€23,000) in fines and costs after being convicted of showing Premier League and international matches via *** Sports without a commercial viewing agreement.

In a further development, one of Britain’s main distributors of foreign boxes and cards, Euroview, has ceased trading.

so the way i think they could get around it is by saying they use a computer to stream the pictures from the internet to the tv from the world wide web which is free for all

• I dont think it matters where your getting the source from.
    In the last week or 2, the premier league broadcasts from the likes of Viasat have had the premier league logo in the bottom right hand corner.
    Showing this is a breach of copyright regulations and will get you done.

• but the judgement refers to using foreign decoders of which is not gonna happen if you use a laptop or computer so bascially anyone that watching a game on the internet and the logo is there can be prosecuted i doubt it

• I think you'll find the judgement allowed the use of foreign decoders and deemed it totally legal to buy a subscription from within the EU.
    However you are breaking copyright law by showing the premier league logo and using their English commentary and music etc.. That's why they have suddenly stuck a premier league logo on the screen.

The case has been forwarded to the copyright court as the judge reckons there should be a way to show the games without breaking copyright.
    BBC News - Premier League and satellite firms in new court ruling

• "We will now resume actions against publicans who are using European Economic Area foreign satellite systems to show Premier League football on their premises unlawfully and without our authority."

exactly what i said it doesn,t refer to laptops or computers it refer,s to satellite systems

• Unlawfully and without our authorisation
    They don't give authorisation to show any premier league not via *** whether its through satellite or Internet!

• Kimbells
    The court case was about buying foreign satellite, however the judgement has given *** nod that they can sue for breach of copyright. If you want to show via Internet, then go for it, but it's still against their copyright if it contains their logos, music etc..
    Just because the judgement doesnt mention internet doesn't mean it's ok.

We'll have a better idea after the copyright court have had their say.

• after reading the judgement again it says about using foreign decoder codes but as i said before you will not be using any type of card over the internet asits being broadcast by sites that are showing them for free so i think the internet is the way to go

• without a commercial viewing agreement.

What you are overlooking is the fact that anyone in europe can subscribe to a tv channel from anywhere in europe so they can view it PRIVATELY !
    if for example i tookout a sly subscription in the uk and took the box and card to spain for use in my commercial premisis (PUB) i would be in breach ! Thats the issue here i think ! Private subs are being used in commercial premisis ? So if i phoned N*** greece and told them my intentions to use there system here in a pub (theoretically) they should provide me with a comercial viewing card at a higher tarrif where as at the moment people are buying private subs for use !

Thats my take on it anyhowz ?

:rikjaard1:

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• the point i,m making is the case for the world wide web which is free to all and as i said there are free sites out there that do not charge anything to watch the premiership football on these sites so are they gonna tell a court that the internet is in breach of there terms aswel and the person at home is breach also doubt it and as i said if its freely avaliable on the internet you are entitled to show on your television if you connect your laptop or computer

• The websites broadcasting football streams are in fact breaking the law.
    You cant legally watch over the Internet because you haven't paid to watch it.
    It's like downloading a film. Just because it's on the Internet doesn't mean it's legal for you to watch it.

The judgement came about because people where in fact paying and therefor had a right to watch it. Sly say you can't buy tv from abroad but the whole point of the EU is 1 global maker to buy and sell in.

• the point i,m making is the case for the world wide web which is free to all and as i said there are free sites out there that do not charge anything to watch the premiership football on these sites so are they gonna tell a court that the internet is in breach of there terms aswel and the person at home is breach also doubt it and as i said if its freely avaliable on the internet you are entitled to show on your television if you connect your laptop or computer

There is a huge difference between what you can watch in the privacy of your own home and how you choose to watch that, as opposed to what you can view in a public environment such as a pub. and yes streaming a match via the internet would still be illegal in a public venue such as a pub.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• so we are all breaking the law even the coppers who do the same thing and there children who download music aswel but the new ruling doesn,t say anything about using the internet to watch the games and you are not using any card or receiver to do this

• Yes, if a coppa downloads music or films without paying, he is breaking the law!
    It's really not hard to understand.
    The judgement doesn't cover Internet because they weren't sueing karen murphy for using the Internet.
    If they chose to sue someone else for using the Internet then another judgement may be called for.
    The sly judgement doesn't say I cant pirate they're cards, but we know that is still illegal!

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!