sly tv crack down on pubs

There are 33 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,998 times. The last Post () by tricky.

• they could plead ignorance and say they didn,t realise they were doing anything wrong as they were using the internet and the site was free on-line

• they could plead ignorance and say they didn,t realise they were doing anything wrong as they were using the internet and the site was free on-line

Sadly pleading ignorance is not a valid excuse in a court of law and i doubt they would get away with that.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• well at the minute they have no other option and its not in the ruling so they can argue the point it doesn,t say anything in the ruling stating that you can not watch a premiership football match on the internet and put it on your tv the ruling applies to foreign decoders and cards nothing to do with the internet

• It actually has nothing to do with foreign cards or decoders, the current legal argument is all about copyright law and the EPL logo, theme tunes etc etc etc. so regardless of the source of your feed. be it a foreign satellite / card combo or a internet feed. if your showing a football match in the UK from any thing but a valid *** uk receiver / subscription within the confines of a public audience ( pub, club etc ) your doing so illegally. this also technically applies to you having the match on at home if you have a group of friends around.

• i understand the point mate all about the copyright law but the judgement refers to cards and receivers and doesn,t mention about anything streaming from the internet via computer to the tv it would take maybe a lawyer to clear this up i,m only making a suggestuion for any pub owners who may be under threat

• I can't believe how naive your being.
    The judgement is only going to be about what they where sueing for. It's not up to the judge to list every single possibility of how you might show a football match.
    The judgement doesnt say you can't use a domestic subscription to show in a pub, but we know you can't and sly would sue your ass.

Go for it and show an internet stream, if sly find out they will sue you and you will lose. Probably be an easier case than the current one because you haven't even paid anyone for the right to show it.

• its not me i don,t have a pub but as i can see no one else has even suggested any other way to try and get around it its not being naive the point i have made and its very very very clear in the judgement it doesn,t mention anything about the internet or am i missing something, also if it was to be shown in a bar via the internet what they gonna sue for as there using no *** box or foreign box or any type of card so what do they sue for copyright, then they would have to sue the owners of the site providing it to the people using the internet thats the reason why they took the company to court in the first place , oh and also there are free to air channels out there on the net that show football are they gonna sue also for them aswel when they are freely avaliable to everyone in the world to watch via satellite for nothing

• any match displaying a EPL logo or the title music to a public venu unless via a offitial recognised pub subscryption is illegal under copyrite lay regardless of the source. its simple as that.

• even if the channel is free to view on the satellite from a different broadcaster

yes if those channels are FTA for foreign markets. only espn and s.ky uk have the rights to show EPL games in the uk. especially in a pub or club environment. The only way around this may be if the game were shown on a uk channel such as itv or the bbc but again in a public venue that may differ.

• ok looks like the pubs do not have many options then i was thinking that maybe the internet was a way round it but it looks like i,m wrong

• What makes me laugh is the fact that sly turn a blind eye to 1000`s of subs in bars and clubs all around Europe,nothing quite like having your cake and eating it

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!