wireless problem

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 947 times. The last Post () by NICETOBNICE.

• i have a 4 storie house and struggle to get my vonets wireless bridge to pick up my wireless router.

it cannot be moved because of the incoming cable and lan connections' i read a few places on the internet about adding another wireless router to your own router heres how i done it .

I added a long extension lan cable to the lan of the wireless router then plugged it in to my new router to the lan not wan then to test it i plugged my computer into the lan also and yes i had internet conection.

But my problem now is the internet keeps locking up it will have good signal but no internet its wierd can anyone help

• Official Post

The second router will need configured as a wireless bridge/repeater, using bridge i found it disconnects and when it does connect it will halve the bandwidth between both routers.

If the second router`s firmware doesnt support bridge/repeater mode you could try flashing custom firmware on it from this site.

Code
    http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/index

• I am using the BT home hub 3 and upstairs i have a Buffalo bridge and in the living
    room i use a Tenda and out in a workshop i use another Tenda. The tendas are
    very good and only cost £18 to £20 each.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!