Why is a dyndns hostname needed clines n flines?

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,250 times. The last Post () by rikjaard-real.

• heys guys

really hope you can clear this up for me

Whats the purpose for using dyn-dns and no-ip?

To me it sounds like you would use it if you were starting a server and letting people connect to that server?

Am I right in saying (for example) If I were to connect to a server I wouldnt need to use the above programs?

I hope i am not breaking rules, If i am please delete topic

thanks

• dyn-dns or no-ip hostname is needed because your isp provider will change your ip address randomly, using the hostname allows your clients to stay updated with your new ip address without any server downtime.

If you were only a client then a hostname would`nt be needed.

What if I have a fixed IP address? Can the dyn-dns name in the cline be replaced by my IP address? Of course we presume the port 12000 (or whichever other port was configured for server listening) is properly forwarded by the router.

• What if I have a fixed IP address? Can the dyn-dns name in the cline be replaced by my IP address? Of course we presume the port 12000 (or whichever other port was configured for server listening) is properly forwarded by the router.

SAM42 ¬ Please follow the Forum Rules and make an introduction post before asking Questions on the open Forum !

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!